Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Bitbucket 2 step authentication critical issue

Edited

I have been trying to log into my account for almost a month. First it was asking for 2 step verification code which I have no idea of. Also I was not receiving any emails from Atlassian even when I clicked on send recovery email (this issue still exists). Currently something weird is happening to my account. When I try to log in, it asks for password and after I successfully submitted the password I was asked to give the verification token generated on my Auth app. After successfully giving the token, it sends me back to the verification token page and now it gives me error on the same verification token. Even I tried with the new token generated on my app without any success. So right now I have only access to my account settings where I can disable /enable 2 step verification but even disabling the 2 step verification comes up with the verification token window. I have tried with Emergency recovery key but it has the same effect. Right now I cannot access my repositories which were created by me. Please someone help me in this situation otherwise I have no choice but to look for some other product.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mark C Atlassian Team May 30, 2022

Hi @Muhammad Qasim

Welcome to the community.

Based on the description, it seems you've enabled 2FA both for your Bitbucket Cloud and Atlassian accounts.
Please kindly be advised that you can enable 2FA under your Atlassian or Bitbucket Cloud account (or both).

Right now, I can see that you've enabled 2FA for your Bitbucket Cloud account and that is why you're being asked to enter the 2FA code even if you've disabled 2FA for your Atlassian account.
I can also see that you've already requested a Bitbucket Cloud 2FA recovery email.

Would it be possible for you to check your email inbox again?
You should be able to receive the 2nd 2FA recovery email that will allow you to disable your Bitbucket Cloud 2FA.

Hope it helps and let me know how it goes.

Regards,
Mark C

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Bitbucket

Git push size limits are coming to Bitbucket Cloud starting April 4th, 2022

Beginning on April 4th, we will be implementing push limits. This means that your push cannot be completed if it is over 3.5 GB. If you do attempt to complete a push that is over 3.5 GB, it will fail...

2,263 views 2 9
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you