Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bitbucker server install location question

dcode September 11, 2020

Hello,

I'm going to install Bitbucket Server but I don't have any experience using it. Our SQL Server is hosted in the cloud. From a performance standpoint, would it be better to install Bitbucket Server on a server located in our office or on our cloud server? The GIT clients (e.g. Visual Studio) will be running locally in the office.

I've noticed some of our other database applications that move a lot of data are slow when run locally so we have to run them off our server in the cloud. But applications that just run small queries do fine when run locally.

I don't know if we are more likely to have a network traffic bottleneck between Visual Studio and the Bitbucket server or between the Bitbucket server and the database.

Thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 11, 2020

Hi @dcode,

Welcome to the community!

This is a great question.  I think this is largely going to come down to what your repository setup is going to look like? are you planning to use pull request for code reviews?  How many users will be using the system?  etc.

You might have network bottleneck issues but without knowing how large your instance is going to be it's really hard to say up front what issues you are going to have.

I hope that helps a bit.

-Jimmy

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events