cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BitBucket issue key link not displayed in Jira

Dean Columbaro
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 24, 2024

The BitBucket issue key link is not being displayed in Jira.  Instead I see a link to "Create Commit" with options to "Copy issue key" and "Copy sample Git commit".   I typically commit the work using GitExtension but also tried with command line and the resuts were the same.

This has only become an issue as of this week; last week this was NOT an issue.  Also, this occurs for some users and not others. 

I don't have admin rights to either BitBucket nor Jira, is there anything I can do here to resolve the issue?

2 answers

0 votes
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 26, 2024

Hi Dean and welcome to the community!

Based on your description, the link to a certain commit is missing in the Jira development panel. Can you please confirm if you are seeing something like the following in the Jira issue's development panel?

Screenshot 2024-07-26 at 14.21.39.png

I would also like to ask the following to better understand the scope of the issue and help you:

1. If you do the following:

• Open the Bitbucket repository on your browser
  • Select Commits from the left sidebar
  • Select the link Show all next to the branches dropdown
  • look for the commit that references this Jira issue

Is the Jira issue key in this commit's message a link to this Jira issue? I would like to understand if the problem occurs only in Jira, or if the issue key is not a link in Bitbucket either.

it happens to me and no one else on my team

Can you please clarify the following: if your team members open the same Jira issue on their browser, are they able to see in the Development panel the commit you are not seeing?

Kind regards,
Theodora

0 votes
Valeriia_Havrylenko_SaaSJet
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 24, 2024

Hi @Dean Columbaro  

Solution

If the Pull Request is already created without the issue key in the commits or the title, you must decline the Pull Request and create a new one with the Issue key present this time. As mentioned above, the Issue key is only picked up if the key is present at the creation time.

Full article - Jira Issue keys do not show on Pull Request Jira tab

Dean Columbaro
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 24, 2024

Hi @Valeriia_Havrylenko_SaaSJet 
Thanks for the response.
The issue key was present at the create time of the commit.

This is a really strange thing happening here, it happens to me and no one else on my team.  This was not an issue last week, now it is and as far as I can tell, nothing has changed to causes this issue.  I'll have to keep digging but thanks again.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events