cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BitBucket install fails

System Administrator
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 27, 2021

Has anyone seen this?  When I run the setup for 7.14.1 or 7.15 (in fact it even does it on 7.13 which I previously installed successfully) I get a very strange looking window with elongated buttons which I can't close.  I have to force the task to end.

bb.png

There's a log file which says this:

Exception:

java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.ArithmeticException: / by zero
at com.install4j.runtime.installer.frontend.GUIHelper.invokeOnEDT(GUIHelper.java:718)
at com.install4j.runtime.installer.frontend.GUIHelper.showOptionDialog(GUIHelper.java:374)
at com.install4j.runtime.installer.frontend.GUIHelper.confirmCancel(GUIHelper.java:542)
at com.install4j.runtime.installer.frontend.WizardScreenExecutor.cancel(WizardScreenExecutor.java:457)
at com.install4j.runtime.wizard.WizardBase$2.windowClosing(WizardBase.java:235)
at java.awt.Window.processWindowEvent(Window.java:2054)
at javax.swing.JFrame.processWindowEvent(JFrame.java:305)
at java.awt.Window.processEvent(Window.java:2013)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:4889)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2297)
at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Window.java:2746)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:4711)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:760)
at java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(EventQueue.java:97)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:709)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:703)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:74)
at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:84)
at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(EventQueue.java:733)
at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(EventQueue.java:731)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:74)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:730)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:205)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:116)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:105)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:101)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:93)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:82)
Caused by: java.lang.ArithmeticException: / by zero
at com.install4j.runtime.alert.WindowsSwingAlertDialog.init(WindowsSwingAlertDialog.java:70)
at com.install4j.runtime.alert.WindowsSwingAlertDialog.show(WindowsSwingAlertDialog.java:37)
at com.install4j.runtime.alert.WindowsSwingAlert.showInternal(WindowsSwingAlert.java:11)
at com.install4j.runtime.alert.Alert.show(Alert.java:100)
at com.install4j.runtime.installer.frontend.GUIHelper.showOptionDialogInternal(GUIHelper.java:401)
at com.install4j.runtime.installer.frontend.GUIHelper.access$000(GUIHelper.java:48)
at com.install4j.runtime.installer.frontend.GUIHelper$1.call(GUIHelper.java:378)
at com.install4j.runtime.installer.frontend.GUIHelper$1.call(GUIHelper.java:374)
at com.install4j.runtime.installer.frontend.GUIHelper.invokeOnEDT(GUIHelper.java:716)
... 29 more

Thanks.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
System Administrator
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 23, 2021

The command line option "start /wait atlassian-bitbucket-7.17.2-x64.exe -c" seems to work.  I would prefer the GUI, I loathe command lines (I'm not a wannabe 80s Wargames hacker, I have work to do) but if that's the best I can have until I can get rid of this software it will have to do.

Even with the command line version working I still have to do this to get it to work properly, I expect more from modern software.

stop the existing BitBucket service
run the installer for the new one, don't launch
"sc delete BITBUCKET"
if you don't have one, move the jre folder from the old install to the new one
get the jks file from the old app folder and put it in the new one
delete the old install folder
run CMD as administrator
set java_home & jre_home=C:\Atlassian\Bitbucket\<version>\jre (do this in sysdm.cpl for better effect)
close CMD, re-open
cd C:\Atlassian\Bitbucket\<ver>\bin
service.bat install
start the service

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events