Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BitBucket captcha does not display correctly

Arron Thornhill January 16, 2017

Hi,

Recently we have started to see an issue where if a user fails to log in a number of times the captcha does not load correctly, as shown below:

IE:                                          Chrome:

bb3.PNGbb2.PNG

I have looked in the Atlassian-bitbucket.log and can see the following error:

Error creating bean with name 'imageCaptchaServicePrototype' defined in class path resource [stash-context.xml]: Cannot create inner bean 'com.atlassian.stash.internal.web.util.captcha.StashCaptchaEngine#34b267ce' of type [com.atlassian.stash.internal.web.util.captcha.StashCaptchaEngine] while setting constructor argument; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'com.atlassian.stash.internal.web.util.captcha.StashCaptchaEngine#34b267ce' defined in class path resource [stash-context.xml]: Instantiation of bean failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.BeanInstantiationException: Failed to instantiate [com.atlassian.stash.internal.web.util.captcha.StashCaptchaEngine]: Constructor threw exception; nested exception is java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class sun.awt.Win32FontManager

Bitbucket version: 4.9.1

Java version: 1.8.0_111

Any information much appreciated.

4 answers

0 votes
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 12, 2022
0 votes
Amal Arindam February 24, 2020

Was this issue resolved ? I am getting same issue. Earlier, it did not use to work from Chrome browser, but used to work from IE. Now, even IE is failing. Its giving 500 error when we inspect the network calls.

0 votes
Alex Moore March 9, 2017

Divayth, did you ever find a cause or fix for this issue? I have a client that is having the same problem.

0 votes
Felix
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 16, 2017

We've just tried Captchas in 4.9.1 on Windows, and there was no issues as far as we could tell. 

I'd recommend you open a support case at https://support.atlassian.com to allow our support engineers to troubleshoot your problem.

Cheers, 

Felix

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events