Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BitBucket Visual Studio Issues

Travis Chafey March 17, 2021

We are having issues with permissions on BitBucket Server and using them from Visual Studio. We are able to login to the BitBucket extension in Visual Studio and we are able to get to and clone public repositories. If it is not a public repository, it gives this error wehn trying to do anything:

Git failed with a fatal error. Authentication failed for (path to repository)

There are no Branch or Repository permissions set. The Project permissions have an AD group added with Read/Write. I have tried giving myself Admin/Read/Write but it still fails. I have removed the group and re-added it as well. I have system admin in BitBucket. I tested with adding an AD and an internal user with Admin/Read/Write permissions to the project and the repository permissions. We are a small shop with a handful of BitBucket users. Unfortunately, they are unsure of when it stopped working.

I can check "Public Repository" on any of the project/repositories and it allows us to clone them. I have tried using both an AD account and an internal account on a new computer with no credentials in the credential manager.

At this point, we are looking at something corrupt within BitBucket's permissions or something along that line as it doesn't make sense that we can get to everything when we are logged in to the site.

I also reviewed the audit logs and no changes were made to permissions, as again, it's a small shop and we don't do a lot with it.

Unfortunately, we use BitBucket Starter because we use less than 10 licenses and were told by Atlassian that they won't support us.

0 answers

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events