Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BitBucket ScriptRunner - Cloning from Bitbucket Cloud does not work

Chris March 23, 2016

I am using Bitbucket 4.4.1 with ScriptRunner 4.2.0.6 and I am attempting to use the Built In Script functionality to clone our Bitbucket Cloud repositories to a local Bitbucket server. It seems that ScriptRunner is basically doing nothing, despite having configured the section Mirror Bitbucket Team and checking Configure Mirrored Repositories. In the Mirror Bitbucket Team section, after providing correct details for the cloud instance, I click Preview and I get the unhelpful message "This could take a long time so tail the logs for more information" (Really? What logs? Where?). If I go to Configure Mirrored Repositories  section and then attempt to manually sync repositories, I get another unhelpful message saying "Nothing to do". I've tailed all the logs I can think of and can find no information as to what's going wrong. 

Can someone please enlighten me on what's going on here? I have a ton of repositories in Bitbucket Cloud that I want synchronized to our local Bitbucket server, but the ScriptRunner doesn't appear capable. Please advise.

2 answers

0 votes
Chris March 24, 2016

I only see the "This could take a long time" message. I checked the log file you noted in /var/atlassian/application-data/bitbucket/log. There are no exceptions or warnings that I can find. Running "tail -f" against the log file and then retrying the whole synchronization process, even with debug level logging, shows no warnings or errors.

The user I am connecting to Bitbucket cloud with has full permissions for all repos. Any user account I try ends up with the same results. 

I have tried specifying a single repository and nothing is returned there also. Am I missing a dependency for ScriptRunner? It seems as though the scripts aren't even running at all. SELinux is set to Permissive mode and iptables is turned off on the host.

0 votes
adammarkham
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 24, 2016

Do you see anything else after "This could take a long time so tail the logs for more information", or just this message? 

Your looking for a file called atlassian-bitbucket.log 
I would expect to see an Exception or warning message if things did not work. 

It sounds like its connecting to Bitbucket. Could you enter in the "Regex" field the name of just one repository to see if anything is returned.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events