Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BitBucket Pipeline Timestamp

Geoffrey He September 20, 2021

Is there a built in command (potentially under options like the max-time) to prepend timestamps at the start of all console output generated by a pipeline? If not, what other methods can I use to achieve the same result?

- Thank you

1 answer

0 votes
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 22, 2021

Hi @Geoffrey He and welcome to the community.

I'm afraid that we don't have a built-in command that does that. I can create a feature request for our development team to consider, please feel free to let me know if you'd like me to do that.

You could use moreutils to do that. If you use a Docker image based on Ubuntu you can install it at the beginning of (each) script with

apt-get install moreutils

or you can create a custom Docker image that includes this tool.

Then, you can do the following for every command in the script(s) of your yml file:

- command | ts '[%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S]'

Kind regards,
Theodora

Mathieu Paquette
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 21, 2024

Please note that if the command fails, it's possible that exit error codes won't propagate properly resulting an incorrect pipeline status. So before applying this, please test your use case thoroughly.

Cheers,

Math

Like Mathieu-Marcoux likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events