cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BitBucket Group Repos & Permissions API

Kristin Lyons
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 21, 2022

I'm looking to get an API query I can run that will show me a list of the groups with the user membership, the repositories and the repository permissions.  I am using Postman with this GET {{baseUrl}}/workspaces/workspacename/permissions/repositories?page=20&pagelen=100

It works great but it has over 3k results.  I think it'd be easier if I can get a list of groups with their repository permissions and then the users' group membership.

Screen Shot 2022-02-21 at 4.20.04 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-02-21 at 4.20.16 PM.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Caroline R
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 25, 2022

Hi, @Kristin Lyons, thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community.

We do have groups and group-privileges endpoints that could be useful to you. Just to give you some context around our API, our old rest API 1.0 used to include endpoints that would allow these sorts of operations, however, the 1.0 API has been deprecated with the intent that the 2.0 API would be a direct replacement. 

With that said, there are a few old 1.0 endpoints that we kept in place as a temporary solution until the 2.0 replacements are made available.

Until the Atlassian platform services are fully available in Bitbucket, we will continue to support these 1.0 REST endpoints: 

/1.0/groups
/1.0/group-privileges
/1.0/invitations
/1.0/users/{accountname}/invitations

You can find all the information about these endpoints here: 

I hope this helps, but do let me know if you have any questions. 

Kind regards,
Caroline

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events