Bit-Bucket on Linux File system partition design Structure

Lamaro Hall July 31, 2018

Can anyone tell me the file system design structure I should use with Linux? For instance do I need just the basic file system or do I need to include other partitions. Is there a recommended size partition size. Thanks...

1 answer

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 1, 2018

Hi Lamaro, welcome to the Community!

The recommended partitioning scheme is to use a single partition with a single filesystem that is mounted as /. The partition size should be the size of the disk.

If you're wondering about the size of the disk itself, you can make an estimation of how much space is needed by the OS and all the applications plus the space that will be used in production. As an example, for OS probably 30 GB should be enough, for the applications maybe another few GB, and for the rest of the space it depends on the size of your repositories (this is a very rough estimation as we don’t know how you're going to use the system and for how long).

For more details, you can read Install Bitbucket Server on Linux.

Hope that helps!

Ana

Lamaro Hall August 2, 2018

Ana,

Thank you, I'm an Virtual Environment administrator and was asked to have this installed for our newly developed software engineering team. Never had to use it till now. Your information was helpful...

Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 10, 2018

Glad I could help, Lamaro!

Have a nice day :)

Ana

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events