Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Benefits of Jira and Bitbucket Integration

My company runs Bitbucket and Jira but they are not currently integrated.  What are the benefits to making this integration?  I see smart commits are added and  the visibility and some control of either app from within the other.

Is there a definitive list or resource indicating the advantages of the integration, is there any downside for making the integration.

Also from what I have read it seems that existing repos cannot benefit from the integration only newly created ones?

Thanks

1 answer

1 vote

Hi @caljam,

The majority of the features of the integration are listed in the following two links:

I'm listing them below as well with some additional links:

from what I have read it seems that existing repos cannot benefit from the integration only newly created ones?

Do you perhaps have the link where you read that so I can see what exactly this is referring to and whether it is correct?

You can use the features I mentioned above in both existing and newly created repos.

If you have any questions, please feel free to let me know.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Bitbucket

Git push size limits are coming to Bitbucket Cloud starting April 4th, 2022

Beginning on April 4th, we will be implementing push limits. This means that your push cannot be completed if it is over 3.5 GB. If you do attempt to complete a push that is over 3.5 GB, it will fail...

2,242 views 2 9
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you