Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BB Runner I am facing The connection observed an error and runner status it's shown unregistered

Rajkumar December 7, 2021

In Command Line run the BB Runner Token it shows the Updating runner state to "ONLINE".
After we getting this error, BB Runner I am facing The connection observed an error and runner status it's shown unregistered.https://bitbucket.org/rajkumar-dev/runner-demo-repo/admin/addon/admin/pipelines/runners BB runner error.PNG

1 answer

0 votes
Patrik S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 9, 2021

Hello @Rajkumar ,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

We had an incident on December 7th related with a downstream outage in our underlying platform provider AWS that affected the Bitbucket pipeline builds, as you can see in our public status page :

The issue you reported seems to be related to that incident, so would you please try to run your runner container again and let us know if you face the same error ? If yes, then we can troubleshoot further.

Thank you, @Rajkumar :)

Best regards,

Patrik S

Rajkumar December 9, 2021

Hi @Patrik S ,

I am tried bitbucket runner container  but facing same issue, Please fix that error, PFA SS.

BB runner.png

https://bitbucket.org/rajkumar-dev/workspace/settings/addon/admin/pipelines/account-runners

Regards,

Rajkumar T.

Patrik S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 15, 2021

Hello @Rajkumar ,

Thank you for trying again and sharing the results.

In this case, looking at the error message being thrown on the console, it looks like the runner is not being able to connect to the Bitbucket API. Just to give you a background, when a runner is started, it creates a long living websocket connection to listen for Pipelines events. Also, once self-hosted Runners is done executing specific commands/actions, Runners will then update Pipelines through Bitbucket REST API.

That being said, to confirm your firewall is not blocking the requests to Bitbucket API, could you please make sure all the IPs below are in the allowlist of your firewall ?

Let me know how it goes, and if you have any other questions.

Thanks @Rajkumar

Kinds regards,

Patrik S

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events