Azure AD or Active Directory

Gurpreet Singh July 27, 2017

Hi team,

We have setup Bitbucket and Bamboo servers and using IIS proxy to access them externally. I have setup Kantega Add-on for Azure AD SSO and it's working fine when I logged onto web but My developers are using visual studio and when the clone the repositories in visual studio they have to use bitbucket account credentials instead of Azue AD, any solution fir this!!

OR

If I will setup Active Directory for user directory service instead of AzureAD and Kantega even they I have use bitbucket account credentials for repositories login in visual studio or I can login with Active Directory credentials?

2 answers

0 votes
Lars Olav Velle
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 28, 2017

Hello Gurpreet!

I stumbled upon your question here. :)

Today we (Kantega Single Sign-on) released version 3 of our app, which now has the ability to sync users and groups fro, Azure, G-Suite and Okta directly into JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket, Bamboo and FeCru.

Since posting this question Atlassian also released a new feature, "Personal access tokens", which let your users clone using a token. 

This means that you now can use SAML with Azure :)

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 28, 2017

Hi Gupreet,

You would need to use Active Directory for your user directory.  The reason for this is because ssh and http(s) commands are not covered by SAML and SAML is only valid for browser based requests.

In light of this Active Directory is going to be the best bet. You can use BitBucket and AD for user management using the instructions in Connecting BitBucket Server to an existing LDAP directory.

Cheers,

Branden

Gurpreet Singh July 30, 2017

Bitbucket server should be the member of domain controller server?

Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 1, 2017

Hi Gurpreet, it's not required that the Bitbucket Server machine is a member of the domain.

Let us know if you have any other questions!

Regards,

Ana

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events