Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Automatically close issues only when the commit is merged into the default branch

Currently if I create bugfix branch, for instance, and make some commit containing "fixes #1" or "closes #1" in its message, it automatically close #1 issue.

However, I would like to happen only when the pull request associated to this branch is approved and merged into the default branch (develop or master).

I cannot understand how I must configure my repository to accomplish this.

2 answers

Did you ever find an answer for this? I am also annoyed by this default behaviour but can't find any way to change it

Nop, never.

0 votes
Michael Wolfe Community Leader May 09, 2018

You can accomplish this by setting a workflow trigger for the status transition.

Hello @Michael Wolfe and thank you for your answer.

Maybe I should have added that I'm using Bitbucket Cloud and its issues tracker, not Jira.

Is it still possible to accomplish such thing?

Michael Wolfe Community Leader May 09, 2018

You might be able to do this with an automation plug-in, but I'm not familiar enough with a stand alone Bitbucker instance to know if this can or can't be done with additional software.  So far, the only thing I can find about closing issues is probably a document you are already familiar with:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucket/resolve-issues-automatically-when-users-push-code-221451126.html

You may want to see if ScriptRunner can automate this for you.

Well it's a llittlebit of a pity, this article describes it almost as I want it to work, except it totally forgets a very important factor, the branches and all the git branching model and flows around them.

I would love to have it integrated in Bitbucket Cloud like in Github (https://blog.github.com/2013-01-22-closing-issues-via-commit-messages/)

Anyway, thank you again @Michael Wolfe for your answers.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Bitbucket

New improvements to user management in Bitbucket Cloud 👥

Hey Community! We’re willing to wager that quite a few of you not only use Bitbucket, but administer it too. Our team is excited to share that we’ll be releasing improvements throughout this month of...

3,916 views 10 16
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you