Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic Merge branching

Joao Reis February 3, 2022

Hello!

I found this awesome functionality and I'm trying to implement it in a repository just for testing. According to the documentation, to enable the feature, apart from setting a branching model, I need to set it to On the Automatic merging setting. In order to do so, the following steps must be done:

1. Go to Repository settings > Branches.
  2. Under Automatic merging, select the On status and then select Save.

However, I'm not being able to find these options in the repository settings:

image.png

image.png

Am I missing something? 

Thanks in advance for the help!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ulrich Kuhnhardt _IzymesCo_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 3, 2022

Hello Joao,

Welcome to the community!

The feature you are referring to is for Bitbucket server/datacenter. This type of Bitbucket runs on your own infrastructure, you'd be hosting it yourself.

Telling by the screenshot you're looking at Bitbucket Cloud, the SaaS version of aforementioned Bitbucket server/dc. The feature is not available in BB Cloud, unfortunately.

Hope that helps,

Best Ulrich

Joao Reis February 3, 2022

Hello Ulrich!!

Thank you so much for the fast response. Yes, that's a bummer, that feature would help me a lot. But thanks for the clarification.

Best regards!

João Reis

Roman Stoffel August 12, 2022

In the meantime. We have released DevSensei Automerge for Bitbucket Cloud. It automatically merged pull requests which have a '[SHOW] prefix.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1228648/devsensei-auto-merge-for-bitbucket?tab=overview

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events