Automatic Build is not triggering on open Pull request

Dharmendra June 7, 2021

Automatic Build is not triggering on open Pull request - once i create a branch, commit,  push and create Pull request (PR). The automatic build is NOT triggering. due to which i am not sure if build is success or not and i cant merge to master. 

What do we need to do ? (it use to work but suddenly stopped working past 2 days)

1 answer

0 votes
Syahrul
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 1, 2021

Hi @Dharmendra

Welcome to the community!

Just to confirm the behavior did you check and confirm if your YAML has the "pull-request" triggers option? You need this pipeline trigger to trigger the build so it started when you create a pull request and that the branches glob patterns is configured correctly as the following example:

pipelines:
  pull-requests:
    '**': #this runs as default for any branch not elsewhere defined
      - step:
          script:
    feature/*: #any branch with a feature prefix
      - step:
          script:
branches:    #these will run on every push of the branch
    staging:
      - step:
          script:

If all is configured correctly, then navigate to repositories settings >  Webhook > click view request for pipelines and locate the one that has pull request created/updated triggers and enable the history. Then reproduce the issue and view the history logs to see if the triggers actually trigger or not. If there are no logs when you create a new pull request then most likely there's an issue with the Webhook and may need to investigate the issue further.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
Syahrul

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events