Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automated Merge Between Two Branches

Karthik September 22, 2022

We use bitbucket and as per my use case we have two release branches R1 and R2. All  members of our team commit their changes to R1, however we have a business requirement to have a release branch R2. We use a pull request to merge R1 with R2 every day. Is it possible to set up an automated merge simply for these branches? We don't want automatic merge to impact other release and feature branches. Can I use the feature of bit bucket "Automatic merge"  for my use case?

1 answer

1 vote
Ulrich Kuhnhardt _IzymesCo_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 22, 2022

Hello @Karthik , welcome!

You are looking for automatically propagating changes that are merged to R1 to R2 every day.

I can see 2 options:

1. You can use the aforementioned automatic branch merge feature in Bitbucket under the conditions 
    * R1 and R2 actual naming follows semantic versioning.
    * You have a branching model enabled in the repository
    This way you could merge to R1 and the changes will also be merged into R2

2. Create and merge pull requests via a script that runs daily using the Bitbucket server rest api

Hope that helps!

Cheers Ulrich

// Izymes - our mission is to eliminate boring from work. We build apps that turbo-charge team velocity through contextual automation.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events