Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authentication fails when pushing docker image to private repository

Jan-Erik Stensli
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 14, 2022

We have a pipeline setup in Bitbucket that builds multiple docker images and pushes them to a private repository. Suddenly we are getting a "error parsing HTTP 403 response body" error when the "docker push" command is being run.

We are calling "docker login <url to private repository> --username <username> --password <password>" before doing the push, and that call returns "Login Succeeded".

While checking on the receving end, the Authorization-header doesn't seem to be valid, it's far too short.

The last time the pipeline worked as it should was in February, the 18th. We haven't done any changes to the pipeline after that date.

1 answer

0 votes
Patrik S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 16, 2022

Hey @Jan-Erik Stensli ,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

I understand you are currently facing issues to push docker images to your private registry using Bitbucket Pipelines. As per the details you have provided, you mentioned nothing has changed in the pipeline since your last successful run, so I would like to ask you the following :

- Could you try to docker login with the same username and password in your local machine, and try pushing the image to your private repository and see if that works ?

- Would you try changing your pipeline to login and push to dockerhub instead, and see if you face the same authentication error ?

With the information above we'll be able to proceed with the investigation.

Thank you, @Jan-Erik Stensli 

Kind regards,

Patrik S

Jan-Erik Stensli
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 21, 2022

@Patrik S Thank you for your response. I've tried to push to dockerhub, and that works. I have not yet been able to test pushing to our private repository from my local environment, since that repository only allows certain IP:s to push. I will reach out to the persons in charge of that repository and ask them to give me access. It's probably something in the setup on their end.

Best regards,

Jan-Erik

Like Patrik S likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events