I am using Cloud version of Bitbucket and having issues cloning git hub repo from our project facing the below error.
Password for 'https://firstname.lastname@example.org':
remote: Invalid username or password
fatal: Authentication failed for 'https://bitbucket.org/myorg/1-org.git/'
I am on MacOS and flowed the below document for setting it up.
Please suggest if there is any other way to authenticate from my local.
Hi @ashwinvodnala ,
I use the ssh-key authentication.
Please follow the next steps to MacOS.
1. Open terminal and execute "ssh-keygen" (only press "enter" in each step)
2. execute ~/.ssh/id_rsa.pub then copy all text from "ssh-rsa AAAAB3N...."
3. Open BitBucket and select "Personal Settings" and after select "SSH Keys"
4. Enter the "Label" and "Key" from step 2
5. Return to terminal on MacOS and execute
5.1. eval $(ssh-agent)
5.2 ssh-add ~/.ssh/id_rsa.pub
6. for check execute "ssh -T email@example.com"
After the you can use all commands git only with "firstname.lastname@example.org:<path_repo>/<repo>.git
Please, any doubt you can read: https://support.atlassian.com/bitbucket-cloud/docs/set-up-an-ssh-key/
Beginning on April 4th, we will be implementing push limits. This means that your push cannot be completed if it is over 3.5 GB. If you do attempt to complete a push that is over 3.5 GB, it will fail...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events