Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audit log blank page

PJ March 25, 2020

I just installed Bitbucket Server 7.1 in Docker. It seems something happened to audit log (blank page).

settings_audit_log.pngrepository_audit_log.png

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
PJ March 26, 2020

It seems that Cloudflare was the problem. I disabled it and audit log appeared. Very strange, I always used Bitbucket behind Cloudflare and never had issues like that.

@Edwin Kyalangalilwa I'm running Bitbucket behind proxy and configuration is set as described here https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucketserver/securing-bitbucket-server-behind-nginx-using-ssl-776640112.html

@mkemp [Atlassian] the console is empty. Only warnings like "DEPRECATED JS - Dropdown constructor has been deprecated and will be removed in a future release. Use Dropdown2 instead."

I noticed that there is no request to /rest/auditing/1.0/events?limit=100

Cloudflare disabled:

cloudflare_disabled.png

Cloudflare enabled:cloudflare_enabled.png

mkemp [Atlassian]
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 26, 2020

Thanks for providing the network tab too!

Do other parts of Bitbucket work too with Cloudflare enabled, say the new PR experience? I'm not sure if it's actually due to Cloudflare being enabled or whether there is a bug in the new auditing feature.

You can see there's batch.js file of 1.2MB where Cloudflare is disabled that is there when it is enabled. That's the web application, so in the case where CF is enabled, it's not even loading the auditing feature.

PJ March 27, 2020

Do other parts of Bitbucket work too with Cloudflare enabled, say the new PR experience? I'm not sure if it's actually due to Cloudflare being enabled or whether there is a bug in the new auditing feature.

I've not seen any other issues.

I'd say the problem is caused by rocker loader from Cloudflare. I switched it off and everything seems to work fine now.

Like mkemp [Atlassian] likes this
mkemp [Atlassian]
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 4, 2022

Thanks @PJ ! I'll raise this with the appropriate team. My suspicion is that the JS is not executed (and thus doesn't listen) to when the HTML has loaded and thus render the UI. I see from the CF documentation you can exclude this page: https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/articles/218411427

We (Atlassian working on DC) are adding our own deferred feature for JS, Jira 9.0 is shipping with some work on this. I would generally recommend not enabling this since it may break pages and in some cases may make the page loading experience worse overall (say with increased layout shift).

mkemp [Atlassian]
Atlassian Team
July 18, 2022

Thanks again @PJ , we've applied a fix that should roll out with in the next few product versions.

0 votes
mkemp [Atlassian]
Atlassian Team
March 25, 2020

Hi @PJ 

This could be a bug. Is it possible to also attach to the bug report a screenshot of what's in the browser's console after the page is loaded? (here's a guide: https://balsamiq.com/support/faqs/browserconsole/)

0 votes
Edwin Kyalangalilwa
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 25, 2020

Hi @PJ ,

I've seen something similar in Crowd and the issue was due to the application being run behind a proxy without proxy configurations in place.

Please confirm whether you're running Bitbucket behind a proxy and whether configurations are set in bitbucket.properties.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events