It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Audit log blank page

I just installed Bitbucket Server 7.1 in Docker. It seems something happened to audit log (blank page).

settings_audit_log.pngrepository_audit_log.png

3 answers

0 votes
edwin Community Leader Wednesday

Hi @PJ ,

I've seen something similar in Crowd and the issue was due to the application being run behind a proxy without proxy configurations in place.

Please confirm whether you're running Bitbucket behind a proxy and whether configurations are set in bitbucket.properties.

0 votes

Hi @PJ 

This could be a bug. Is it possible to also attach to the bug report a screenshot of what's in the browser's console after the page is loaded? (here's a guide: https://balsamiq.com/support/faqs/browserconsole/)

0 votes

It seems that Cloudflare was the problem. I disabled it and audit log appeared. Very strange, I always used Bitbucket behind Cloudflare and never had issues like that.

@edwin I'm running Bitbucket behind proxy and configuration is set as described here https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucketserver/securing-bitbucket-server-behind-nginx-using-ssl-776640112.html

@mkemp the console is empty. Only warnings like "DEPRECATED JS - Dropdown constructor has been deprecated and will be removed in a future release. Use Dropdown2 instead."

I noticed that there is no request to /rest/auditing/1.0/events?limit=100

Cloudflare disabled:

cloudflare_disabled.png

Cloudflare enabled:cloudflare_enabled.png

mkemp Atlassian Team Thursday

Thanks for providing the network tab too!

Do other parts of Bitbucket work too with Cloudflare enabled, say the new PR experience? I'm not sure if it's actually due to Cloudflare being enabled or whether there is a bug in the new auditing feature.

You can see there's batch.js file of 1.2MB where Cloudflare is disabled that is there when it is enabled. That's the web application, so in the case where CF is enabled, it's not even loading the auditing feature.

Do other parts of Bitbucket work too with Cloudflare enabled, say the new PR experience? I'm not sure if it's actually due to Cloudflare being enabled or whether there is a bug in the new auditing feature.

I've not seen any other issues.

I'd say the problem is caused by rocker loader from Cloudflare. I switched it off and everything seems to work fine now.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Bitbucket

Bitbucket Server 7.0 is here!

Hello Community, I’m Anton Genkin, a product manager on the Bitbucket Server and Data Center team and am excited to share that Bitbucket Server 7.0 is now available! It's a platform release, one th...

277 views 3 2
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you