AttemptingSource Code Checkout from GIT to Bamboo - doesn't like path info.

Tried several variations of source checkout from GIT using Bambo without luck. Our GIT repository does not provide a URL path. As a result, Check Out Directory = 'file://\\\server\code$\Tools' results in error: ' failed.Creating directories for C:\Users\myUser\bamboo-home\xml-data\build-dir\PROJ-PLAND-JOB1\file:\server\code$\Tools\.git failed)'. Check Out Directory = 'file:///server/code$/tools' results in error 'Failed to open transport'. Check Out Directory = ‘//server/code$/tools' results in error 'is forbidden'. Outside of using a URL path, how can I reference our GIT repository for a proper Source Code Checkout?

1 answer

0 votes

Hi Bill,

There are a few steps to be taken in order to accomplish what you are looking for:

First of all, create a folder that will hold your Git repository on your network share in case you have your repository and Bamboo running on different servers. Otherwise, just follow the steps below.

For this example, lets assume you have your repository on drive D:

1. From a Command Prompt (cmd) change to your mapped drive.
    cd d:
  2. Navigate to where your files will be store.
    cd myrepository\inhere
  3. Then create an empty Git repository. If you do not use the —bare option, you will have issues so don't leave that out.
    git init —bare
  4. Now if you don't have a local git repository yet, then you can clone your new repository wherever you like by navigating back to your local drive.
    c:
    cd development/mycode
    git clone file://d:\myrepository\inhere
    (UNC paths also work file://\server\share\username\scripts)
  5. When you clone, you automatically get a remote called "origin" and you can push to the server for safe keeping any time you make changes locally.
    git push origin master
  6. If you already have a Git repository and you just want to push out to the shared drive then you can do this from within your local git manged project.
    git remote add origin file://d:\myrepository\inhere
    git push origin master

Please, refer to Using Git on a Windows drive for further information.

Kind regards,
Rafael

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Piotr Plewa
Published Dec 27, 2017 in Bitbucket

Recipe: Deploying AWS Lambda functions with Bitbucket Pipelines

Bitbucket Pipelines helps me manage and automate a number of serverless deployments to AWS Lambda and this is how I do it. I'm building Node.js Lambda functions using node-lambda&nbsp...

675 views 0 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot