Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Atlassian vscode question: When selecting "Start Work" on an issue. Source branch is not populated.

llignhoj March 2, 2023

This is a question about the Atlassian vscode plugin.

When I start work, I see that the Repository field is set correctly, but "Source Branch" is empty with "No branches found", Clicking the drop-down displays "None".

What am I missing setup wise?

13 answers

24 votes
Sam Ware March 2, 2023

Not sure.  But mine was working and it has started not working.  Not sure it is because the most recent update which I recently applied.

Sam Deane March 3, 2023

+1 here - I also had it working and now it mysteriously isn't, and I'm not aware of having changed anything

Like # people like this
Trent Manganello March 3, 2023

Same here. It was working on March 1st, but appears to no longer be working for me.

Daniel Tullis March 3, 2023

Same problem. Was working fine last week.

Vani Thilagar March 3, 2023

Ditto here

Alexander Holzleitner March 6, 2023

Same problem. "no branches found"

Alex Robillard March 7, 2023

Same problem. :(

Rickardo Hyde March 7, 2023

Same problem here. smh

Marco Guinter Alberton March 8, 2023

Same problem here.

Marco Guinter Alberton March 8, 2023

The issue is occurring in VSCode version 1.76. I downgraded to version 1.75.1 and the problem does not occur.

If you also want to dowgrade:
1) first disable automatic update in settings (Ctrl + , or Cmd + ,) look for Update:Mode and change it to manual.
2) Download version 1.75.1 from the official website appropriate for your environment: https://code.visualstudio.com/updates/v1_75
3) Install VSCode 1.75.1.

Done!

Hopefully the issue will be resolved in version 1.77...

Like # people like this
Rickardo Hyde March 8, 2023

@Marco Guinter Alberton downgrading works for me. Thanks

Like Marco Guinter Alberton likes this
Sean Corfield March 8, 2023

It's strange since Atlassian extension 3.0.2 has been out for weeks (and was working fine until a few days ago), but I tried rolling back to 3.0.1 anyway -- and that still couldn't find source branches.

I tried updating git, (from 2.25.0 to 2.39.2) just in case that was affecting it -- nope.

But the regular git support in VS Code can find the source branches just fine.

Alex Robillard March 8, 2023

@Marco Guinter Alberton This worked! Thank you!

Agnius Bartninkas March 9, 2023

Same here. Did not work since last week. Downgraded according to the suggestion of @Marco Guinter Alberton and it now works fine. Thanks.

Hope it gets resolved in a later update.

Yusif Jasim March 9, 2023

Same this occurred to me. Thanks for your suggestion @Marco Guinter Alberton, it worked.

Agnius Bartninkas March 14, 2023

Strangely enough, even when I set my update mode to manual in VSCode, it still updates automatically and I get to downgrade it more or less every day. It really is getting annoying.

Chris Yaskoski March 21, 2023

Also impacted and wasted an hour on it this morning thinking I had done something, hope they can resolve soon.

Sam Ware April 3, 2023

I saw a pull request for this today.  Not sure where this gets rolled to the VSCode Marketplace

https://bitbucket.org/atlassianlabs/atlascode/pull-requests/1051

Sean Corfield April 3, 2023

It's merged and tagged 3.0.3 so I'd expect it to show up in the marketplace fairly soon...?

Sam Ware April 3, 2023

Version 3.0.3 is now available and I just confirmed that it works as before.

Like # people like this
Sean Corfield April 3, 2023

Sam, is Create Pull Request working for you now?

I get:

Error creating pull request

Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'site')

With VS Code 1.77 and Atlascode v3.0.3.

I can Start Work to create the Branch from a Jira ticket now, but still can't Create Pull Requests like I could before.

Sean Corfield April 5, 2023

Perhaps stranger still: I can create pull requests using the extension in one workspace but not in the other.

The non-working workspace / repo was working fine before this whole debacle.

I can do "start work" in both and create branches.

Any ideas for debugging this out somehow resetting the workspace / repo setup?

Like yakirgb likes this
Jameesh Moidunny April 13, 2023

Had the same issue , V1.77.2 resolved this and working fine now

7 votes
Damian Shaw March 9, 2023

The tracking issue for it should be here: https://bitbucket.org/atlassianlabs/atlascode/issues/983/vscode-176-start-work-displays-no-branches

But it seems the issues on the repo have been made private a few days ago when a bot started heavily spamming it. Last I saw there was no response from Atlassian.

As others have said this started in VS Code 1.76 so a workaround is to downgrade to 1.75.1, unfortunately there are big fixes/features in 1.76 that I would prefer not to downgrade.

Sam Ware March 10, 2023

I agree with the not downgrading.  Hopefully, they resolve soon.  This feature made working with Jira much easier.

Marty Cochrane March 17, 2023

Thanks for the link, unfortunate it's been made private. I also don't wish to downgrade VsCode as I use it with other projects that don't need to deal with JIRA. Guess we wait.

Damian Shaw March 17, 2023

FYI I've setup an alert for any new commits or PRs on the repo: https://bitbucket.org/atlassianlabs/atlascode/src/main/

If anyone has a commercial relationship with Atlassian it would be great if you could file a ticket and let us know the status.

Marty Cochrane March 17, 2023

I've asked my IT department, I'll let you know if we make any progress.

Like # people like this
Damian Shaw April 3, 2023

Released now as 3.0.3! https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=Atlassian.atlascode

You will need VS Code 1.77 or higher.

Like # people like this
Vani Thilagar April 3, 2023

Thank you! It works correctly. What a relief finally!

Mike April 3, 2023

Confirmed! Thank you so so much for giving me my workflow back!! 🎉

1 vote
Sam Ware April 3, 2023

Version 3.0.3 is now available (just release) and I just confirmed that it works as before.

0 votes
Marco Guinter Alberton April 13, 2023

I've now updated to VSCode version 1.77.3 and Jira and Bitbucket (Atlassian Labs) version 1445536 and it's resolved, working fine now as expected.

This revision is large and many issues have been resolved, but I couldn't find a specific comment about it in the release notes as well as on GitHub.

The important thing is that it was resolved. Enjoy!

0 votes
nikitab April 13, 2023

Looks like the issue was fixed. Works fine for me now!
Thank you!

P.S. I didn't update anything or downgrade previously

0 votes
Luke Pritchard March 30, 2023

Yup still having this issue, on VS Code 1.76.2

0 votes
Justin Johnson March 21, 2023

Azure DevOps services works as expected.

0 votes
Justin Johnson March 21, 2023

Same issue here. Still not resolved.

0 votes
Luca Saba March 16, 2023

You mean downgrade VSCode, not just the plugin... WOW....that's hard...

Marco Guinter Alberton March 16, 2023

Yes, unfortunately. But works for now. Obviously isn't real solution, just while Atlassian or Microsoft solving the strange behavior.

Damian Shaw March 16, 2023

@Marco Guinter Alberton FYI Microsoft aren't doing anything about this: https://github.com/microsoft/vscode/issues/176700

Sam Ware April 3, 2023
0 votes
Mike Dunn March 15, 2023

Same issue here, downgrading worked for me as well.

0 votes
Adam Cooke March 14, 2023

Same issue, downgrading to 1.75.1 worked. Please can Atlassian make some progress on this.

0 votes
Bela Finkelshtein March 9, 2023

I had same issue. Downgrade worked. Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events