Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Atlassian supported IPython Notebook viewer Bitbucket add-in

Yatheesh Rai June 6, 2018

Hi Team,

We have a requirement to render the notebook (.ipynb file) from Bitbucket web interface.

So we are using `Bitbucket IPYNB Plugin`  for rendering the notebook file. 

But as per the documentation of atlassian we could see that  Bitbucket IPYNB Plugin is unsupported. The unsupported version worked, but it is not recommended to install since it does not supported by Atlassian.

Could you please let us know if you have a release plan of the supported version of Bitbucket IPYNB Plugin that's not too far in time

Thanks

Yatheesh

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 8, 2018

Hi Yatheesh, 'unsupported' in this case basically means that we can not guarantee this plugin will always work, and in case it doesn't our team won't be able to provide you with assistance. The reason for that is that this is a third party plugin not created by Atlassian, so its support depends on his creator.  

You might also be interested to know that one of our devs created an addon for that. You can find more at Enable rich rendering of Jupyter notebooks

If you're on Bitbucket Server, we have a Feature Request for that at BSERV-10507: Enable rich rendering of Jupyter notebooks in Bitbucket Server you can follow, vote or comment on to express your interest.

Hope that helps!

Ana

iampatgrady July 14, 2020

This is for Confluence, not Bitbucket, right?

0 votes
Yatheesh Rai June 18, 2018

Hi  Ana,

I am particularly looking for Atlassian supported plugin for rendering the notebook files.Can you please let me know how much time it will take to release this add-on

If it is not far in time, I can wait for the supported plugin to release for use.

Does `github-jupyter-notebooks-3 supported by Bitbucket for rendering of notebook files ?

Thanks

Yatheesh

Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 21, 2018

Hi Yatheesh, for what it's said in the link I sent you, looks like we don't have any short-term plans to provide support for rendering the notebook files. I'd suggest you put your comments and thoughts in the Feature request, and vote for it to increase its popularity, as that will give our team an idea on how much interest this idea is gathering

Best regards,

Ana

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events