Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Artifact fails to copy into original folder

Patrick Bye July 11, 2022

I tried to make an artifact of my node_modules. The artifact has all the files in it but after extracting, it fails on copying the same file every time. I think the windows runner thinks it's a directory instead of a file. I've watched the folders while the step was running and the artifact directory had all the files but the copy stops part way through with this error. It's always this file every time

Copy-Item : Could not find a part of the path 'E:\atlassian\atlassian-bitbucket-pipelines-runner\temp\82885005-9ced-516
5-a84d-a1b4d3b8ddab\1657559674402\artifact\2f585524-6ec1-49b0-b5ee-01b9e600ebe3\Trader.UI\node_modules\@babel\plugin-bu
gfix-safari-id-destructuring-collision-in-function-expression\LICENSE'.
At E:\atlassian\atlassian-bitbucket-pipelines-runner\temp\82885005-9ced-5165-a84d-a1b4d3b8ddab\1657559674402\tmp\setupA
rtifacts17884213904454524061.ps1:3 char:1
+ Copy-Item -Path "E:\atlassian\atlassian-bitbucket-pipelines-runner\bi ...
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : WriteError: (LICENSE:FileInfo) [Copy-Item], DirectoryNotFoundException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : CopyDirectoryInfoItemIOError,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.CopyItemCommand

1 answer

0 votes
Mark C
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 14, 2022

Hi @Patrick Bye,

Thanks for reaching out to the community.

I've confirmed this with our Bitbucket Pipelines team and this appears to be a limitation with the Windows maximum path length.
You can check this link for more information: Windows - Maximum Path Length Limitation

I've also gone ahead and created a public bug ticket for this that can be located through this link so that we can track it. - https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BCLOUD-22022

As a workaround, you can try:

Hope it helps and do let me know how it goes.

Regards,
Mark C

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events