Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are there any plans or anyway easy ways to get metrics out of BB Cloud?

andrew_pass
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 13, 2022

Hi,

Aside from Compass are there any plans or does anyone know a simple way to display metrics in BitBucket for stuff like - 

PR Cycle Time, 

Number of PRs,

Commits over time, 

File changes over time etc.

Thinking stuff similar to GitLabs analytics - https://docs.gitlab.com/ee/user/group/contribution_analytics/

I know Compass has PR Cycle time over 10 PRs but the other metrics related to BB Cloud currently require manual set up.

Thanks!

2 answers

0 votes
Sue Rocha_Mibex Software_ July 14, 2022

Hi @andrew_pass

We have an app called Developer Statistics for Confluence that includes pull request metrics from Bitbucket DC and GitHub.

And, while we don’t offer a Bitbucket Cloud solution yet we are keen to expand our offering for these metrics and have been thinking about an integration with Bitbucket Cloud for some time.

We invite you to our Developer Statistics roadmap where you can create a card under Backlog with the specifics of the feature you are looking for. We can then review your needs and reach out to see if it is something that we could address.

Best regards,
Sue from Mibex Software

0 votes
Chris Boys July 13, 2022

Hi @andrew_pass 

One tool that may help is Umano’s Team Performance Summary (full disclosure, I’m the founder 😉) . We offer a range of different metrics to help team’s improve their agile practices and feel more confident and effective in they way they deliver, pulling data from Bitbucket, as well as Jira, Confluence and Slack.

Our Review metrics drawing from Bitbucket Cloud currently include:

1. Review Speed
  2. Time to Merge
  3. PR Size (lines added and deleted)
  4. Review Rate
  5. Review Progress
  6. Defect Rate (also pulling from issues in Jira)
  7. Rework Rate (Also pulling from issues in Jira)

Each metric can be viewed as Snapshot (updated daily), as an overall Interval, or across the life time of a team's project, enabling teams to observe their trajectory and what experiments or events are impacting their delivery practices over time.

Regarding Umano's snapshot lens, our customers particularly value the ability to self-compare their current performance relative to their usual (rolling median for the last 6 intervals) performance. We also surface the underlying drivers as context to why a team may be above or below its usual rate of performance.

Interval Reports can be exported as an email.

Happy to run a quick demo for you, otherwise we run a 30 day free trial, and will populate your project space with 12 months of delivery data as default. Let me know here, or on chat @umano.tech if you have any questions and I'll do my best to see if we can help.

Hope this helps you get up and running with some early insights into your team’s review practices.

Chris

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events