Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are pull request update events supported in Bitbucket webhooks?

Geoff McGinnis December 4, 2017

The following docs page lists "Pull request events" / "Updated" as an available webhook event:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucketserver055/managing-webhooks-in-bitbucket-server-940682384.html

... but update is not listed as an available payload on the following page, nor could I trigger it on a test instance (v5.5.3):

https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucketserver055/event-payload-940682389.html

Is Pull Request "Updated" a supported event for the webhooks, and if so what is the payload?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Mark A.
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 5, 2017

Hey Geoff,

Thanks for reaching out.

It appears that we have mistakenly copied the Bitbucket Cloud documentation when introducing webhooks for Bitbucket Server.

"Updated" is not a supported event for webhooks. We do have a feature request to provide this functionality that you can view here: BSERV-10279 - Pull request updated and synchronized webhooks.

In addition to that, I am working internally to get the Managing Webhooks page updated to correctly display the supported events as they are on the Event Payload page.

I apologize for the inconvenience and confusion this has caused you.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Cheers,

Mark

Geoff McGinnis December 5, 2017

Thanks for the reply Mark.

Is there a reason this is supported in Cloud but not Server from the beginning? Any clues to when it will land in a future release?

Mark A.
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 6, 2017

No problem, Geoff.

That I do not know. I can only speculate the different roadmaps that each product has due them being separate impacts the features one may receive over the other or a particular implementation of a feature.

No idea when it will land, but please be sure to add your watch on the feature request to stay updated with any changes from the devs or product manager.

Cheers,

Mark

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events