Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App Passwords - repository not found

Andrew Chalk March 22, 2023

On Ubuntu I enter:

git remote set-url origin https://{username}:{app pw}@bitbucket.org/Andrew_Chalk/exhibit.git

with {} parameters entered.

then:

git push origin master

I get: 

"remote: You may not have access to this repository or it no longer exists in this workspace. If you think this repository exists and you have access, make sure you are authenticated.
fatal: repository 'https://bitbucket.org/Andrew_Chalk/exhibit.git/' not found"

I have spent a time on this and cannot figure out what I am doing wrong. 

Help appreciated.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Syahrul
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 23, 2023

G'day @Andrew Chalk 

There was no repository on our from the URL you shared. I suspect you are using the wrong workspace name; hence it's failing to locate the repository.

Could you open the affected repository in UI, click clone at the right side corner, and select HTTPS, then use the URL to change your local remote URL?

You can also check our documentation here on the right format when changing git remote URL.

Additional note, you don't need {} parameter in the URL.

Cheers,
Syahrul

0 votes
Andrew Chalk March 16, 2024

That worked, but i am baffled why that URL is correct. Here is a screenshot of Bitbucket showing the workspace name as "Andrew_Chalk", yet the URL with that does not work:

Screenshot from 2024-03-16 11-30-24.png

Thanks.

Syahrul
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 17, 2024

Hey @Andrew Chalk 

There might be a mix-up between your workspace name and workspace ID, two distinct entities.

Your workspace name is "andrew_chalk", whereas your workspace ID is "achalk0". For git operations, we utilize the workspace ID, not the workspace name. Therefore, your URL appears invalid because it contains the workspace name "andrew_chalk" instead of the correct workspace ID, "achalk0".

To view your workspace name and ID, you can head to your workspace settings. Both should be listed there.

Regards,
Syahrul

Andrew Chalk March 17, 2024

Exactly the problem!

I appreciate your help on this.

- A

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Product Admin