Annotated tags become lightweight during fork sync - it seems

It looks like annoted tags created in the web-UI gets converted to lightweight tags during fork sync. Everything is fine in the main repo, but forks have only lightweight versions of the tags.

I have created some annotated tags on our main repo using the web-ui.

We all have forks of the main repo, but when the tags propagate through fork-sync the tags end up as lightweight tags in our clones.

To investigate, I have tried:

1. If I create a new fork of the main repo and clone it, I get all the tags correctly.
  2. If I create a fresh clone of a forked repo (that has been forked since the beginning) the tags are lightweight tags.
  3. A user that joined the project a while ago has the earlier tags as annotated tags and the newer ones as lightweight tags
  4. Another group here create annotated tags locally in Git and push them directly to their main repo - those tags propagate correctly.

All 4 observations supports the theory that fork sync is the culprit, and the problem exists only for tags created in the web-gui!

It looks like a bug.

We are running BB server v4.8.2

Cheers,
Anders

0 answers

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Aug 21, 2018 in Bitbucket

Branch Management with Bitbucket

As a project manager, I have discovered that different developers want to bring their previous branching method with them when they join the team. Some developers are used to performing individual wo...

1,247 views 8 11
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you