An error was raised by libgit2. Category = Net (Error) - Started this week

jtmacedo December 6, 2018

I've been using Visual Studio and Bitbucket for nearly a year now and just started getting the following error when trying to clone, sync, push, or fetch - when I cloned using Git Bash to see if that would work, it was successful, so this seems like it's Visual Studio specific.

Any ideas on how I'd get a better error message than what's showing in visual studio or what might be going on here?  Again, this had been working without fail for over a year.

An error occurred. Detailed message: An error was raised by libgit2. Category = Net (Error).
An error occurred while sending the request.

1 answer

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 19, 2018

Hi James,

If I understand correctly,you're getting this error in Visual Studio, is this right? If so, I'll advise you to contact their Support team for more info.

After some research, I found this and this. Hope that helps!

Ana

James Gatehouse January 20, 2019

I have also experienced the same error when attempting to push from VisualStudio for the first commit on a project. We only found now as this project doesn't see a lot of change at times. Is there any progress?

Like ruzal_haerov likes this
jtmacedo January 22, 2019

I've been able to pull/push etc. using Git CMD instead of the UI within Visual Studio.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucketserver/basic-git-commands-776639767.html

This is less than ideal for me, but it's been the only way I've been able to get it to work thus far and haven't had the time to further investigate.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events