Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Allow branch creation only from JIRA

Vishal Paike May 10, 2022

I want to restrict branch creation only from JIRA. Devs should not be able to create branches from anywhere else. Is this possible on bitbucket cloud? 

1 answer

0 votes
Mark C
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 11, 2022

Hi @Vishal Paike

Thank you for reaching out to the community.

Unfortunately, it is not possible to restrict branch creation only from Jira.
For this, I went ahead and created a feature request for it that can be located through this link. - https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BCLOUD-21894
You can upvote and watch it for now so that you'll be notified of any updates from our team when the feature becomes available on Bitbucket Cloud.
Please do note that we don't have an exact ETA for the feature request as all new features will be implemented according to our policy here.

Hope it helps and let me know if you have further questions.

Regards,
Mark C

Vishal Paike May 12, 2022

Hi @Mark C , thanks for clarifying. However, I want to understand if there is an app like

control freak hook for bitbucket data center for bitbucket cloud?

Mark C
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 12, 2022

Hi @Vishal Paike

I checked the app in the Atlassian Marketplace, however, it is only available for Bitbucket Data Center.

I searched some apps but there was no available app for Bitbucket Cloud.

Alternatively, Bitbucket Cloud has this feature to require issue keys in commit messages.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Regards,
Mark C

Vishal Paike May 12, 2022

Hi @Mark C ,

Thanks for response! I explored this feature but it does not validate the JIRA ticket! I can put any random number with correct project prefix and it is accepted. Eg - If TEST-123 is a valid ticket but if even though TEST-10000 does not even exist and developers add TEST-10000 in commit message, bitbucket accepts it.

Mark C
Atlassian Team
May 15, 2022

Hi @Vishal Paike

Unfortunately, the feature only checks the format for the issue key but it doesn't validate its existence.

There's an existing feature request for it here to validate its existence before linking a Jira issue key. You can also upvote/watch it to get updates from our product team.

Regards,
Mark C

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events