Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After migration to RHEL8 , I am unable to see git repos in bitbucket server.

Rashmi January 12, 2021

I have edit the path of repositories object in integration-system-workid/.git/objects/info/alternates as suggested in error shown on display. But still cannot see the repo on server . Still I am seeing the same error 505.

'/usr/local/bin/git cat-file -t refs/heads/master:' exited with code 0 saying: error: object directory /opt/stash/shared/data/repositories/471/objects does not exist; check .git/objects/info/alternates.

It is still trying to fetch the repo from old path -opt/stash/shared/data/repositories/

whereas new path I set in alternates is-  cd /opt/bitbucket/bitbucket_home/shared/data/repositories/ ...

I had a repoID mentioned there which i have not changed, just modified the stash to bitbucket/bitbucket_home. Please suggest a way forward for its resolution

1 answer

0 votes
Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 12, 2021

Hi @Rashmi

First of all I suggest to check carefully ownership of all folders and files. That is common case that there is something that was broken after migration. Make sure that user that started application is able to see full path.

Rashmi January 12, 2021

Hi Mirek! 

Thanks for your suggestion, I have check each file and folder has bitbucket owner in repo.  Just wondering how can I check user that started bitbucket application is able to see full path of bitbucket_home?

Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 12, 2021

Maybe you can use find command to start a search and if there is any folder (or path) that the user would not have access you should see that information on your screen

Rashmi January 12, 2021

From user you mean bitbucket user or the end user who is trying to access the repo?

Rashmi January 12, 2021

I have checked my bitbucket user has access to the path of repo. So both conditions are okay but still its not working. I have now changed the path is application.xml file inside bitbucket_home/logs/support and restarted the server but no help.

Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 13, 2021
Rashmi January 13, 2021

I have followed these steps as well, but no help as I described in description. One question the alternates file would be in each repo_id/objects/info/id or in tmp/.git/objects/info which I need to update. Though I have changed on both.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events