cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After creating PR, post URL into comment Automation

Vanessa September 13, 2022

Hey there,

I wanted to create an automation regarding the following:

- When a Pull Request is created, post a comment with the URL of the Pull Request into the comment of the Jira issue

- If a Code Reviewer is already added, mention the Code Reviewer in the comment too.

We have the following field (?) in the Jira Screen that already shows that there is a pull request but it would also be needed in the comment.

Bildschirmfoto 2022-09-13 um 15.48.31.png

Maybe someone has a easy solution for this :) 

Thank you already in advance!
-Vanessa

1 answer

0 votes
Patrik Korovsky
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 13, 2022

Hi @Vanessa

You can create a simple automation, for example (first part is optional):

Hi [~accountId:{{assignee.accountId}}],

A new PR is ready for you {{pullRequest.url}}!

PR.png

You can read more about development smart values here: https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/jira-smart-values-development/

Stefan Salzl
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 13, 2022

to the answer of of @Patrik Korovsky i‘d like to add:

The reviewer of a PR could be another person than the assignee. The reviewer is something living within the repository and is not connected to any increment in Jira (not even a user —> could be at least it doesn‘t have to).

Furthermore there is no smart value to retrieve the PR reviewer. To achieve this (i know in github) a webrequest could be sent to get this information via Rest API.

Best
Stefan

Vanessa September 14, 2022

Hello,

so in general it works, but a small thing I do not want the Automation to take the Person from the Assignee field but from the field "Code Reviewer":

Bildschirmfoto 2022-09-14 um 13.09.47.png

Our field is written this way:

Bildschirmfoto 2022-09-14 um 13.09.53.png

In the Automation I wrote it like this:

Bildschirmfoto 2022-09-14 um 13.10.21.png

Do I need to name it Code Reviewer.accountID ?

Or why would it not put the Code Reviewer in the comment? (The field is filled out, I just used an empty example picture here)

Thank you!

Patrik Korovsky
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 14, 2022

Hello @Vanessa

As Stefan mentioned, the "Code reviewer" feature does not exist natively in Jira. So I assumed the next best thing is assignee.

Since you created a custom field, yes, you can use it instead of "assignee". I don't think you can use "Code Reviewer.accountID", but you can get the id for the custom field: "Hi [~accountId:{{customfield_XXXX.accountId}}]", where XXXXX is the custom field id.

customfield.png

You can find the id by following this guide https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-find-id-for-custom-field-s-744522503.html

Cheers,
Patrik

Like Stefan Salzl likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events