Advantages/disadvantages of mirroring git repo to bitbucket trial

I am about to begin a trial of bitbucket server. we are currently using git v.1.7.3.2 as our repo. we want to explore the integration of bitbucket with our jira and confluence installations particularly relative to our existing policies and processes.

I read in "Importing code from an existing project" that it was possible to mirror an existing git repo into bitbucket.

what are the advantages/disadvantages of this during our trial?

the page on smart mirroring states that the feature is only available in the data center version.

thanks in advance

1 answer

0 votes

You can port your existing project to Bitbucket pretty easily when you create a repository, even if you are not on the data center version.

And it doesn't have any disadvantages because you can just clone the repo after your evaluation, if you do not want to proceed using the product. You will lose some Bitbucket specific data like pull request history, repository permissions etc but none of that will affect your code or the commit history.

Jobin -

thanks for your quick response. i was hoping that this was the case.

denis

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 06, 2018 in Bitbucket

Upgrade Best Practices

Hello! My name is Mark Askew and I am a Premier Support Engineer for products Bitbucket Server/Data Center, Fisheye & Crucible. Today, I want to bring the discussion that Jennifer, Matt, and ...

402 views 5 9
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you