Adding the same user back from Active Directory

Hi

Stash is configured to connect to Active Directory. One user has been mistakenly deleted from Active Directory. The user had some data such as forked repositories(some are public) and public keys. It was all lost in stash. We added the user back into Active Directory and the user can now log back in but does not have permission to fork a repository within his project (adding public key was successful).

It seems re-added user is still linked to old user (because they are same users actually new user project is the same as old user ones?). Does stash delete all data including user account information when user is removed? How can I fix the permission issue?

1 answer

0 vote
Andrew Er Atlassian Team Nov 05, 2014

Hi Kenichi, 

This seems to be an unusual case. Once a user is explicitly given a certain permission, the permissions and ssh keys should remain even after the user is deleted. The permission and ssh keys are stored on a completely different table in the Stash database as long as the user name that was created is similar to the one before. You could open a ticket at https://support.atlassian.com and we can look into it. 

Cheers, 

Andrew Er

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Piotr Plewa
Published Dec 27, 2017 in Bitbucket

Recipe: Deploying AWS Lambda functions with Bitbucket Pipelines

Bitbucket Pipelines helps me manage and automate a number of serverless deployments to AWS Lambda and this is how I do it. I'm building Node.js Lambda functions using node-lambda&nbsp...

710 views 0 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot