Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding myself as a reviewer to a pull request

Yaron Shahrabani
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 15, 2022

Hey, when openning a pull request I can add myself as a reviewer manually if I want to.

Other users cannot add themselves as reviewers for their own PRs, I can add them, I can add myself, they can add me, they cannot add themselves.

I'm wondering if it's by design or if there's some configuration I can change to allow this specific user to add himself to his own PRs.

Kind regards,

Yaron.

1 answer

0 votes
Ben
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 16, 2022

Hey Yaron,

This is by design. You cannot add yourself as a reviewer to a pull request you create, the same applies to other users for pull requests that they themselves create. As the person who initiated the pull request, it is implied that you/they have seen the code/reviewed it already. You are a "reviewer" already in that you wouldn't have initiated the pull request if you did not feel as though the work was complete.  

Hope this makes sense.

Cheers!

- Ben (Bitbucket Cloud Support)

Yaron Shahrabani
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 16, 2022

Hey, thank you for the response.

It doesn't make any sense, how come I can add myself and he can't add himself?

Thanks.

Ben
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 17, 2022

Hey Yaron,

I've just tested this myself on my end and had a colleague test this as well on our personal workspaces. I cannot add myself as a reviewer to a new pull request which I have created, neither can he - both on our own respective personal workspaces or when creating the request on each others personal workspace.

May I ask if you are creating the pull request on a team workspace or personal workspace - and which screen are you using to add yourself?

Cheers!

- Ben (Bitbucket Cloud Support)  

Leonid
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
August 25, 2022

This possibility will be added ? Because now if you create PR and after identify that need make some additional changes, you should to decline this PR for ensure that other developers not will lost time for review it before you implement required changes.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events