Adding an admin user on a workspace

Abel Brazal January 24, 2022

Hello all,

Good day!

I would like to ask how to add another user to my workspace with this kind of privilege.

As an admin of this workspace, <User> has admin access to all repositories.

I tried creating an admin group and adding a user there but the message above is still not showing on his "View Access".

Thank you,

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 26, 2022

Hi @Abel Brazal and welcome to the community!

I can see that your workspace has already a user group named Administrators. If you want to give this user the same admin permissions (for repos and workspace) as you have, you can remove the extra Administrator group you created and add the user to the existing Administrators user group.

In case you prefer to keep two groups with administrator permissions:

1. Open this new user group that you created specifically for this user on Bitbucket website
2. Aterwards, select the tab Repositories
3. If this tab is empty, select Add repository from the top right corner
4. In the new dialog that appears, select one or multiple of the existing repositories so that this user group gains access to them, and Confirm.
Make sure to change the access type in the dialog to Admin, if you want this user group to have admin permissions to these repos.

If you have any questions or if there are any issues, please feel free to let me know.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events