Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding BitBucket to Jira and Confluence Cloud

VortaSC March 26, 2018

Hello!

My company used to have Jira, BitBucket and Confluence server. All three working together.

Now they have decided to move to Cloud solutions and I'm trying to set it up. I have very easily gotten Jira and Confluence configured and data migrated. However, BitBucket is a problem. As if it is not Atlassian software. I found a tutorial on how to connect it with Jira Cloud but all it does is connect my personal account/profile to Jira instead of linking it the way that Confluence and Jira are linked.

Is there any way to add BitBucket to Jira and Confluence, having the same users being able to access it?

1 answer

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 26, 2018

Hi Domagoj! What do you mean Bitbucket is not Atlassian software? It actually is one of our products but the way it interacts is different :)

Jira/Confluence Cloud have separate user bases, so you'll have to manage your users separately. For more info about the integration, you can read Connect Bitbucket Cloud to Cloud applications.

Let us know if you have any questions,

Ana

VortaSC March 27, 2018

Hi Ana,

I probably should have expressed myself better. :) When I was making an Atlassian Cloud purchase I selected:

Screenshot 2018-03-27 09.28.55.png

However, I got only Jira and Confluence.

I went through the tutorial you linked already, but it links my BitBucket to the Cloud package.

Screenshot 2018-03-27 09.51.22.png

It says my username. But my username and account will be deleted when I leave the company. Is there a way to have it like it is on Server versions or do I have to have a dummy account that will "Own" the BitBucket repositories that will not be gone once I delete my account?

Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 12, 2018

Hi @VortaSC! If you create your Bitbucket Cloud account with the email address provided by your company they'll be the owners of the account, and once you leave the company you'll lose access to it. If you want the Bitbucket account for personal use, my recommendation is to create it with your personal email address (not your company email). 

Alternatively, you can clone or transfer the repos from your company account to your personal account before you leave the company. 

Let us know if you have any other questions,

Ana

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events