Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Active Directory users cannot login

Kevin Goforth January 17, 2023

We have a setup a new Bitbucket server and configured a LDAP user directory for access. It is able to sync with the Active Directory group that we need it to, but the members of that group are not able to login. Currently Bitbucket is set up for HTTP only, Do I need to set it up for HTTPS to allow this type of authentication?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

I think I have fixed it. Currently testing, but it appears I did not have the AD settings for the user directory setup completely, or at least not the way I wanted them.

0 votes
Mahesh Shinde
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 17, 2023

Hi @Kevin Goforth :

Please, let me know if those users are part of the "bitbucket-user" group which is default group for Bitbucket application and also check the global permission for this group in Bitbucket.

Regards,

Mahesh Shinde

The only other group I see, other than the AD group, is the stash-users group. The users are not part of that group. I have attempted to add users to that group but it errors out.

The AD group has the Bitbucket user and Project Creator permissions.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events