Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account recovery because I do not have anymore access to the email used to login

micron-engineering-fvg
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 23, 2024

Hi, I have a Bitbucket account where as user I used an email address that I have no more access to it. Is there a way to recover the account and change the email with a new one?

1 answer

0 votes
Patrik S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 25, 2024

Hello @micron-engineering-fvg and welcome to the Community!

Atlassian uses the email address associated with each account as the primary means of identifying ownership and managing account access.

If you remember the email and password you used when you created your Atlassian account, you should be able to log into Bitbucket. However, if you don't remember the password, the only way would be to trigger a password reset that would send the reset link to the email associated with the account.

Unfortunately, if you currently do not have access to the email address linked to your Atlassian account, you will be unable to reset the password to log in. 

In this case, if you don't remember the password, the first step to regaining access to your Atlassian account would be to recover access to your email account so you can reset the atlassian account password. Once you have successfully regained access to your email, you can then proceed to update your Atlassian account with a new email address, if necessary.

Thank you, @micron-engineering-fvg !

Patrik S

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events