Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Account has exceeded its user limit error but only 3 users in plan

I attempted to push code to our bitbucket account this morning but received the message:

"remote: [ALERT] Your push failed because the account 'xxxxxx' has exceeded its user limit and this repository is restricted to read-only access."

I was surprised to see this as no changes had been made to the account in some weeks (and indeed it was fine yesterday afternoon - approximately 17 hours ago).

I've logged into the account and can see only 3 users on the plan (settings -> users on plan). We're using the free plan which looks to allow 5 users so I guess there must be some users elsewhere which I can't see?

Can anyone tell me where else I should be looking or if this might not be user / plan related?

Thanks

26 answers

I am also having the same issue. I only have two repositories with two users in each.

I am having the same issue. I only have one repositories with two users in each, that i made

I am having the same problem. I have only 2 users still getting the user limit error. It is so ridiculous

Ana Retamal Atlassian Team Jan 24, 2019

Hi @Manoj, I've checked your account and I can see it's already at the limit. There're 5 users with access to your repos. You'll be able to see them at https://bitbucket.org/account/user/<username>/plan-users/ (make sure to replace <username> with your actual username). 

Let us know if you have any questions,

Ana

Like # people like this

Hi Ana, 

Thank you very much for being so active in trying to solve this problem. At the moment I have the same problem, but the administrator of the bitbucket account has already eliminated the surplus of users (more than 5) and I still cannot push the repository. I wanted to know if the change takes some time to be reflected.

ErrorBitbucket.PNG

Ana Retamal Atlassian Team Oct 09, 2019

Hi there,

The change should be almost immediate @Diego Alberto Zabala Betancur

I've checked the affected account and I can see is well under the limit, so you shouldn't have any problem when pushing to the repository. Can you check again and let us know if the operation is successful?

Cheers,

Ana

I'm experiencing the same thing all of a sudden. As far as I know i'm only me 🤷‍♂️

I'm having the same error from today

I'm having the same error

Hi Edwin, I was experiencing the same error because the suite administrator in Bitbucket was changing the type of payment plan to free without informing the rest of the team.

Check it.

0 votes
Ana Retamal Atlassian Team Jul 26, 2018

Hi Mark, welcome to the Community!

I've checked your Bitbucket Cloud account and I can confirm that're under the 5 user limit, so you shouldn't be having any issue. Can you let us know the name of the repo where you're trying to push these changes? 

Cheers!

Ana

Hi Ana,

Thanks for the response. It does appear that the repository that isn't allowing push access is not one that I own, hence the confusion. It's actually the 'haatch/elevaate' repo owned by my colleague Glen.

To add to my woes he's unavailable at the moment for a few days so we can't access it to either remove users or update the credit card details!

I assume there's no way of recovering this situation without him? I'd even settle for having my user removed from the account if it meant the rest of the team could work.

Thanks,

Mark

Ana Retamal Atlassian Team Jul 31, 2018

Hi Mark! Are you still experiencing this issue? I've checked the account and repo you mentioned, and they both look fine. The account is not exceeding the plan, so all of you should be able to push with no issues, and also the repo is okay and under the 2GB limit, so nothing that should be preventing any pushes. 

If you're still having trouble, please send us a screenshot of the message you get, and ask one of your colleagues if they're also having issues so we get more information to troubleshoot this.

Best regards!

Ana

Hi Ana

We are experiencing a similar issue. Our Team Plan states that we are on the Premium Plan and I have currently 7 users associated with it. Although, when we go into each member's individual account settings, it states that they are on the Free Plan. 

With the result that they are not able to push to the repository since their "limit has been exceeded".

Hope you can assist. Is there any specific information I need to provide?

Regards

Morné

I am facing the same issue. I have only one user expect me (owner) and i can not give him to write or admin access. Because bitbucket says 

"You've exceeded your user limit for NezihT, restricting all your repositories to read-only access. Change your plan to restore write access."

EDIT: I thought we have 5 user option for each repository. But it was for all repos.

I had 6 users so i removed them. Now all good.

I am really sorry about this new billing policy by the way.

Hi @Ana Retamal

Could you please share a link where we can consult more information about this limitation: 2GB of maximum space for free accounts.

Thanks!

Ana Retamal Atlassian Team Oct 09, 2019

Hi @Diego Alberto Zabala Betancur

The 2GB limitation per repo is stated in the article What kind of limits do you have? from our public Knowledge base. Note that this limitation is not only applied to Free accounts, every account has a hard limit of 2GB per repository. If more storage is needed for the repo (because it must contain images, for example) then Git LFS can be enabled. The free account includes 1GB of LFS storage, and additional storage can be purchased, for more info you can read Storage policy for Git LFS .

Hope that helps, Diego. Let us know if you have any other questions.

Regards,

Ana  

Hello Ana,

I'm having similar issues even though all repos are within the 5 member limit. 

Please help

Ana Retamal Atlassian Team Nov 13, 2018

Hi, I've checked your Bitbucket Cloud account associated to this email address and I could see it's under the 5 user limit. I've also seen that you're part of other 2 accounts but they're also within the 5 user limit. Were you referring to repos that are hosted in different accounts?

Can you send us a screenshot where we can see the message saying you're over the limit?

Thanks!
Ana

Hi I'm having the same issue at work, we're just 2 users and when I try to make a push to the main repo, it saids the user limits error the account is GoKapitalDevelopers

I`m having the same issue, except my team account has 6 users and I've upgraded it yesterday to a standard plan. One of my colleagues received the error message while pushing. I did nothing but clicked on the "update" button and he managed to finish his push.

He only had this issue with a feature branch created in bitbucket. If he created the branch locally on SourceTree and then just finished the feature (without ever pushing his feature branch) and then pushed develop, he didn't get the error message.

My team account's name is archipelagus. 

I had a similar issue. Once I "updated" my billing details a second time after upgrading to the standard account it worked and I could commit. Either that or just trying to commit a second time fixed it. Not sure what went wrong. I'm using source tree.

I've tested with 2 accounts I have, and I'm getting the same issue.

WHY ANYONE FROM SUPPORT IS NOT SOLVING THIS ISSUE. ?????????

it's fine when i change the repo url from https://xxx to git@xxxx

Same problem here

Ana Retamal Atlassian Team Jan 25, 2019

Hi @ccarrascom, I've checked the Bitbucket account associated to your email address and I could see you're over the user limit -there are 7 users with access to your repos. You'll need to remove 2 of them. You'll be able to see them at https://bitbucket.org/account/user/<username>/plan-users/ (make sure to replace <username> with your actual username). 

Let us know if you have any questions,

Ana

I push the code with single user (owner) but same the issue.

Ana Retamal Atlassian Team Jan 25, 2019

Hi! Your personal account is under the limit as you said, however the account where you're trying to push is over the user limit -there are 6 users with access to repos on that account when the limit for the free plan is 5 users. If you have admin permissions on that account you'll need to go there and remove one of the existing users, otherwise you'll need to contact the admin. Alternatively, the plan will need to be upgraded to Standard. 

Hope that helps!

Ana

Hi, How can i remove the existing users? I am admin (have all bitbucket access). Even i try to push code using my admin account but same 402 error (exceeding user limits).Please guide me.

Regards; 

Ana Retamal Atlassian Team Mar 04, 2019

Hi @Xyno Web , sorry that I missed your question! Do you still need help with this?

If you want to remove users from your account, you can do it from https://bitbucket.org/<username>/<reponame>/admin/access (remember to replace <username> and <reponame> with the real names). 

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Have a good day,

Ana

Hi Ana,

I have a paid account $20.00 / month for 10 users. But I still face the user limit issue. Why is that so?

Please reply as we need to move forward ASAP!

Ana Retamal Atlassian Team Jun 23, 2019

Hi @anish__nair ,

I've checked your account and I could see you already have 10 users with access to your repositories. You can check this number by navigating to Settings > Users on plan. You can remove some of the users from there, or upgrade your plan if needed.

Let us know if you need any additional assistance!

Cheers,

Ana

Ana Retamal Atlassian Team Mar 04, 2019

Hi @Glenn Karlsen ! I've checked your account and indeed it is under the 5 user limit. Which repo are you trying to access when you get that message? Can you send us a screenhot?

Cheers!

Ana

I had a few repos that were shared with others, and as soon as I removed them, it started working again.  

I don't have any repo shared with others. Still have this error.

hi, also have the same issue and 3 users in the plan...

Ana Retamal Atlassian Team Mar 07, 2019

Hi @aleksandr_namanyuk , welcome to the Community!

I've checked your Bitbucket Cloud account and I could see you have 6 users, which is above the limit for the Free plan. If you don't want to upgrade, you'll need to remove one of them. You can do that from https://bitbucket.org/<username>/<reponame>/admin/access (remember to replace <username> and <reponame> with the real names). 

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Have a good day,

Ana

Hi, also have the same issue and I have 3 users, should have 5
How I know I have 3 user  https://bitbucket.org/<username>/profile/members. After reading all replies I did few steps
1. I open user access page for every repository https://bitbucket.org/<username>/<reponame>/admin/access

2. Remove all the users
3. Put all users in groups
4. Check members again https://bitbucket.org/<username>/profile/members.
Now I can add upto 5 user
Note: If same user exist in repository user and group may count 2 user, same for if user exist 2 repositories' user

Thanks
M Kamran Naqeebi

Ana Retamal Atlassian Team Apr 08, 2019

Hi Kamran, welcome to the Community.

I've checked your account and I can see you already reached the 5 user limit.

Keep in mind that the URL you shared is to see the number of members in a team, for indicidual accounts you should use this one: https://bitbucket.org/account/user/<username>/plan-users/ 

Regarding your note, I'm not sure I understand what you mean:

Note: If same user exist in repository user and group may count 2 user, same for if user exist 2 repositories' user

The user should only count as one, regardless of in how many groups or repositories he belongs. If you see a case where the same user is being counted multiple times, please let us know as we'll need to investigate that.

Hope that helps!

Ana

Hello @Ana Retamal 

I have same issue even we have just 5 users in the team..

could you check "miuiandroid" account please..?

image.png

thank you

OK solved.. we were 6 there.. sorry.. 

Like Dario B likes this
Ana Retamal Atlassian Team Jun 07, 2019

Welcome to the Community, ingbrzy!

I'm glad you could figure this one out :) If you need anything else, make sure to submit a new post and we'll be happy to help.

Have a nice weekend,

Ana

Hi Atlassian,

Could you check the 'fris_dev' repository? I have 5 admins and the same 5 developers configured for bitbucket.
The 5th person still gets an error.

Tom

Hi,

I have the same issue. There are 5 users in our account.

I'm not the owner. We upgraded the plan but still getting the same issue.

Can you please take a look at why it's happening?

image.png

The same thing happens to us after upgrading the plan

Hi Atlassian, We´ve got a problem where we only have 2/3 user and when I try to accept my invitation, an error appears and this is it´s content, could you tell us what it´s wrong?

We are getting the same error even though we are 5 people in the project.

I am experiencing the same issue since yesterday. We have only 3 users in the repo. And we've been using this repo for 2-3 months now with no prior issues. Does anybody know how to fix this?

The same issue with my account. Only three users.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Bitbucket

Calling any interview participants for Bitbucket Data Center

Hi everyone,  We are looking to learn more about development teams’ workflows and pain points, especially around DevOps, integrations, administration, scale, security, and the related challeng...

503 views 6 4
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you