Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account has exceeded its user limit error but only 3 users in plan

Mark Baldwin July 26, 2018

I attempted to push code to our bitbucket account this morning but received the message:

"remote: [ALERT] Your push failed because the account 'xxxxxx' has exceeded its user limit and this repository is restricted to read-only access."

I was surprised to see this as no changes had been made to the account in some weeks (and indeed it was fine yesterday afternoon - approximately 17 hours ago).

I've logged into the account and can see only 3 users on the plan (settings -> users on plan). We're using the free plan which looks to allow 5 users so I guess there must be some users elsewhere which I can't see?

Can anyone tell me where else I should be looking or if this might not be user / plan related?

Thanks

29 answers

4 votes
kschnack November 14, 2019

I'm experiencing the same thing all of a sudden. As far as I know i'm only me 🤷‍♂️

Rodrigo S_ Chavarria Rivera November 19, 2019

I'm having the same error from today

edwinx101 January 15, 2020

I'm having the same error

Diego Alberto Zabala Betancur January 15, 2020

Hi Edwin, I was experiencing the same error because the suite administrator in Bitbucket was changing the type of payment plan to free without informing the rest of the team.

Check it.

Like rasty likes this
2 votes
Manoj January 19, 2019

I am having the same problem. I have only 2 users still getting the user limit error. It is so ridiculous

Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 24, 2019

Hi @Manoj, I've checked your account and I can see it's already at the limit. There're 5 users with access to your repos. You'll be able to see them at https://bitbucket.org/account/user/<username>/plan-users/ (make sure to replace <username> with your actual username). 

Let us know if you have any questions,

Ana

Like # people like this
Diego Alberto Zabala Betancur October 8, 2019

Hi Ana, 

Thank you very much for being so active in trying to solve this problem. At the moment I have the same problem, but the administrator of the bitbucket account has already eliminated the surplus of users (more than 5) and I still cannot push the repository. I wanted to know if the change takes some time to be reflected.

ErrorBitbucket.PNG

Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 9, 2019

Hi there,

The change should be almost immediate @Diego Alberto Zabala Betancur

I've checked the affected account and I can see is well under the limit, so you shouldn't have any problem when pushing to the repository. Can you check again and let us know if the operation is successful?

Cheers,

Ana

Md. Touhidul Hasan June 25, 2022

@Ana Retamal We are using the Standard package but: 

WhatsApp Image 2022-06-26 at 12.21.01 PM.jpeg

1 vote
Rodrigo Paiva November 26, 2018

I am having the same issue. I only have one repositories with two users in each, that i made

1 vote
Bruno Pessanha de Carvalho November 25, 2018

I am also having the same issue. I only have two repositories with two users in each.

0 votes
jimmy darji February 7, 2023

I Have Same Problem 

will you please take a look in to it please

image.png

0 votes
Jeong HyeIn January 15, 2023

Hello. I'm inquiring because I'm experiencing the same problem. There was a problem from the time one of the existing users, 'A', was changed from write permission to read permission. 'A' was a user who registered a security key in [Personal Settings-security-SSH key] and set up git, so I tried as below because there were some suspicious things.
1. Change 'A' permission from read to rewrite
2. Change git SSH security setter from existing 'A' to me
3. Remove the 6th added user and reduce it to 5 people.
4. Attempt to switch to HTTPs because I thought it was an SSH connection problem.
5. Remove the 'A' user, which was the starting point of this problem, and reduce it to 4 people.
However, it is still unresolved and indicates a 402 error. Some of the answers here said that it might be a problem caused by the manager's change of the plan, but would it be in that situation? I'm inquiring because it hasn't been solved even if I keep trying for a few days.

0 votes
fabrizio.nahum September 12, 2022

I had the same problem with a new user I was inviting, and removing the eccess users from the project did not help. I had to remove him from other repos in order to grant him access.

0 votes
devang-coco December 20, 2020

Having the same issue with 5 users only. I was able to extend the invite to the last user for one repository, but for second repo, it is showing the following error:

"The owner of this repository is already at their plan limit and will need to upgrade before adding more users."

0 votes
marukqs June 9, 2020

The same issue with my account. Only three users.

0 votes
ikivilev June 5, 2020

I am experiencing the same issue since yesterday. We have only 3 users in the repo. And we've been using this repo for 2-3 months now with no prior issues. Does anybody know how to fix this?

0 votes
Blake March 24, 2020

We are getting the same error even though we are 5 people in the project.

0 votes
practicas24 March 4, 2020

Hi Atlassian, We´ve got a problem where we only have 2/3 user and when I try to accept my invitation, an error appears and this is it´s content, could you tell us what it´s wrong?

0 votes
zuev egor February 19, 2020

The same thing happens to us after upgrading the plan

0 votes
Nazarii Balkovskyi February 4, 2020

Hi,

I have the same issue. There are 5 users in our account.

I'm not the owner. We upgraded the plan but still getting the same issue.

Can you please take a look at why it's happening?

image.png

0 votes
tom wuyts January 20, 2020

Hi Atlassian,

Could you check the 'fris_dev' repository? I have 5 admins and the same 5 developers configured for bitbucket.
The 5th person still gets an error.

Tom

0 votes
ingbrzy June 7, 2019

Hello @Ana Retamal 

I have same issue even we have just 5 users in the team..

could you check "miuiandroid" account please..?

image.png

thank you

ingbrzy June 7, 2019

OK solved.. we were 6 there.. sorry.. 

Like Dario B likes this
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
June 7, 2019

Welcome to the Community, ingbrzy!

I'm glad you could figure this one out :) If you need anything else, make sure to submit a new post and we'll be happy to help.

Have a nice weekend,

Ana

0 votes
MKRNaqeebi April 6, 2019

Hi, also have the same issue and I have 3 users, should have 5
How I know I have 3 user  https://bitbucket.org/<username>/profile/members. After reading all replies I did few steps
1. I open user access page for every repository https://bitbucket.org/<username>/<reponame>/admin/access

2. Remove all the users
3. Put all users in groups
4. Check members again https://bitbucket.org/<username>/profile/members.
Now I can add upto 5 user
Note: If same user exist in repository user and group may count 2 user, same for if user exist 2 repositories' user

Thanks
M Kamran Naqeebi

Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
April 8, 2019

Hi Kamran, welcome to the Community.

I've checked your account and I can see you already reached the 5 user limit.

Keep in mind that the URL you shared is to see the number of members in a team, for indicidual accounts you should use this one: https://bitbucket.org/account/user/<username>/plan-users/ 

Regarding your note, I'm not sure I understand what you mean:

Note: If same user exist in repository user and group may count 2 user, same for if user exist 2 repositories' user

The user should only count as one, regardless of in how many groups or repositories he belongs. If you see a case where the same user is being counted multiple times, please let us know as we'll need to investigate that.

Hope that helps!

Ana

0 votes
aleksandr_namanyuk March 6, 2019

hi, also have the same issue and 3 users in the plan...

Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
March 7, 2019

Hi @aleksandr_namanyuk , welcome to the Community!

I've checked your Bitbucket Cloud account and I could see you have 6 users, which is above the limit for the Free plan. If you don't want to upgrade, you'll need to remove one of them. You can do that from https://bitbucket.org/<username>/<reponame>/admin/access (remember to replace <username> and <reponame> with the real names). 

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Have a good day,

Ana

0 votes
Tak Yamada March 1, 2019

I had a few repos that were shared with others, and as soon as I removed them, it started working again.  

Glenn Karlsen March 1, 2019

I don't have any repo shared with others. Still have this error.

0 votes
Glenn Karlsen March 1, 2019

+1

Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
March 4, 2019

Hi @Glenn Karlsen ! I've checked your account and indeed it is under the 5 user limit. Which repo are you trying to access when you get that message? Can you send us a screenhot?

Cheers!

Ana

Terfa Akpagher
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 20, 2024

hi, i am experiencing something similar, can you assist?

0 votes
Xyno Web January 25, 2019

I push the code with single user (owner) but same the issue.

Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
January 25, 2019

Hi! Your personal account is under the limit as you said, however the account where you're trying to push is over the user limit -there are 6 users with access to repos on that account when the limit for the free plan is 5 users. If you have admin permissions on that account you'll need to go there and remove one of the existing users, otherwise you'll need to contact the admin. Alternatively, the plan will need to be upgraded to Standard. 

Hope that helps!

Ana

Xyno Web January 27, 2019

Hi, How can i remove the existing users? I am admin (have all bitbucket access). Even i try to push code using my admin account but same 402 error (exceeding user limits).Please guide me.

Regards; 

Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
March 4, 2019

Hi @Xyno Web , sorry that I missed your question! Do you still need help with this?

If you want to remove users from your account, you can do it from https://bitbucket.org/<username>/<reponame>/admin/access (remember to replace <username> and <reponame> with the real names). 

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Have a good day,

Ana

anish__nair June 20, 2019

Hi Ana,

I have a paid account $20.00 / month for 10 users. But I still face the user limit issue. Why is that so?

Please reply as we need to move forward ASAP!

Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
June 23, 2019

Hi @anish__nair ,

I've checked your account and I could see you already have 10 users with access to your repositories. You can check this number by navigating to Settings > Users on plan. You can remove some of the users from there, or upgrade your plan if needed.

Let us know if you need any additional assistance!

Cheers,

Ana

0 votes
ccarrascom January 24, 2019

Same problem here

Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
January 25, 2019

Hi @ccarrascom, I've checked the Bitbucket account associated to your email address and I could see you're over the user limit -there are 7 users with access to your repos. You'll need to remove 2 of them. You'll be able to see them at https://bitbucket.org/account/user/<username>/plan-users/ (make sure to replace <username> with your actual username). 

Let us know if you have any questions,

Ana

0 votes
Seven Zhang January 23, 2019

it's fine when i change the repo url from https://xxx to git@xxxx

0 votes
Manoj January 19, 2019

WHY ANYONE FROM SUPPORT IS NOT SOLVING THIS ISSUE. ?????????

0 votes
Tak Yamada December 18, 2018

I've tested with 2 accounts I have, and I'm getting the same issue.

boscosoft.mapp7 March 9, 2020

same issue

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events