You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.
Level 1: Seed
25 / 150 points
1 badge earned
Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!
What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.
Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!
Join now to unlock these features and more
What I did:
1. Changed my SSO password per prompting from my organization. We are required to change passwords quarterly, I am guessing like many orgs.
2. Tried to do a Fetch in Sourcetree
Fatal error authentication failed invalid user and so on.
3. uninstall and reinstall Sourcetree, with the hope that it would prompt me to log in and I could update the credentials from there.
3a. That didn't work, Sourcetree is still trying to use old pass and getting auth failure
4. Log in to Atlassian site to try and find answer to my problem
5. Noticed that my current login on Sourcetree is different from the login on this account
6. Attempted to switch account on Atlassian community site. Error message ensued:
It looks like your account has been deactivated. We've sent you an email with details of who to contact to get more information about this.
7. Wait for email to show up
NO EMAIL SHOWS UP, and yes I checked all the folders including Junk.
Background = the latter email address (v-ashearer@<redacted>.com) is aliased in Exchange/Outlook/MS365 to my regular email, ashearer@<redacted>.com
The v-<name> email address was when I was a contractor, but later I was hired full time and my email address switched to just <name>, i.e., the same email minus the "v-" prefix. So while there are two accounts, they are in fact for one person, namely me.
I can see the two Bitbucket Cloud accounts in our system:
Both accounts have access to the same workspace.
If SourceTree still uses the old account, this explains the error you see since the account is inactive. You will need to add the second account instead.
Please keep in mind that any activity like pull requests and comments will still be associated with the old account.
Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions!