Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessing BitBucket from FishEye when FishEye is behind a corporate firewall

David McCormick February 24, 2012

Sorry if this is a duplicate question, but...

How do you configure FishEye to use your local proxy server when it tries to access BitBucket?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andrew Frayling
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 24, 2012
Hi David, details of configuring a proxy server for Fisheye are available at http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/FISHEYE/Configuring+Outgoing+Web+Proxy+Support+for+FishEye+or+Crucible Hope that helps, Andrew
David McCormick February 25, 2012

Thanks. Now I'm getting an error about the value for http.proxyHost generating an UnknownHostException. I should probably mention that this is running on Windows.

Andrew Frayling
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 25, 2012

Hi David,

Can your Fisheye server see your proxy server? Do get a connection if you run "telnet <your proxy server> <your proxy port>" from a command line? If you don't get a connection are there firewalls in between your Fisheye server and your proxy server that need to be opened up?

Andrew.

David McCormick February 29, 2012

The Fisheye server can ping the proxy but it can't connect to it using telnet on either ports 23 or 25. Does Fisheye communicate on ports 23 or 25?

Andrew Frayling
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 29, 2012

Hi David,

Fisheye will communicate to your proxy server on ports 23 or 25 if that's what your proxy server is listening on, but as you cannot telnet from the Fisheye server to your proxy server on those ports it sounds like there are firewall rules in place to only allow certain clients to talk to your proxy server on those ports.

If your proxy server is listening on ports 23 and 25 then you need to configure your firewalls to allow traffic from your Fisheye server to communicate with your proxy server on those ports. You need to get that opened up first otherwise the proxy configuration in Fisheye is not going to work. There may be other issues that need resolving after the traffic is allowed on those ports, but allowing traffic is the first step.

Hope that helps?

Andrew.

David McCormick March 14, 2012

Thanks. I've passed this on to my network guy. Now I just have to get him to do it. :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events