Access keys for authenticating against Stash Build API?

Georg Grütter February 1, 2014

Hi all,

Stash 2.9 introduced access keys. The goal, as I understand it, was to prevent having to create administrative Stash users for continous integration tasks. While I understand how that works for checking out code, I have not found anything about using an access key (or any key) for authenticating against the Stash Build REST API. My understanding is that we currently still need such an administrative user for this. Am I correct? Basic authentication also seems to be the only authentication method available. Are there plans to add other ones?

Thanks in advance for your answers,

Georg

3 answers

1 vote
cofarrell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 1, 2014

Hi Georg,

That's correct. It was originally discussed this as part of access keys, but then descoped because of the extra work required. I do hope we add something for HTTP in the future, but I'm afraid it's not on the short-term roadmap.

The only other option is OAuth at the moment.

Cheers,

Charles

GeorgG February 2, 2014

Thanks for the quick answer, Charles.

0 votes
Chuck Burgess May 14, 2015

Has this changed in the newer updates to Stash?  Can an access key now be used to update the build status on the REST API?  If so, then perhaps we can revisit updating the stash-notifier plugin now.

0 votes
GeorgG February 2, 2014

Thanks for the quick reply charles!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events