Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

API not returning consistent results

Dan Morris August 16, 2021

Bitbucket version 5.12.1  

using api 1.0 - /projects/{projectName}/repos/{repoName}/branches?details=true&orderBy=alphabetical&limit=200

I'm running this API and while lastPage=false, I continue collecting information until done. 

However, I'm not getting meta data and sometimes not even the branches I know exist.  

I have some branches returning with ZERO meta data : "metadata" : { } But, when I navigate in a browser to our server's URL /projects/{projectName}/repos/{repoName}/branches I am getting the meta data expected: Branch author with Created date, ahead/behind values, and even a pull request is part of that branch. 

I even have some branches returning LESS than all meta data modules: example such as one branch being returned WITHOUT the ahead/behind information even though I can see it through my browser.  What's more frustrating is that maybe the next time I perform the API routine there IS ahead/behind data for that branch.  

So, the basic ask here is: What can I do to ensure that every call to the API return the same results from call to call? 

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events