A premium account can create multiple Workspaces?

Deepak May 26, 2020

Hi,

I would like to know that the Bit Bucket Pricing is Per User or Per User in one Workspace?

If I have the premium account, can I use multiple Workspaces?

Thank you 

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 28, 2020

It is per user, not workspace.

Deepak May 28, 2020

Thank you Nic.

So it means if I am the premium account holder, I can create as many Workspaces as I need. 

Thank you.

Deepak May 29, 2020

Hi, 

I am a premium account holder and I created a new workspace. When I go to the workspace, it asked to upgrade your account to premium. 

Is it a bug in bit-bucket?

Thank you.

Like Jim Credland likes this
Vivek Kaul July 6, 2021

Same query here - it would be good to be able to organise projects into separate workspaces under the one Premium account. Is that possible?

Shaik Idris August 30, 2021

Same question - appreciate update here.

Wim Vervoorn September 14, 2021

Any upate? How hard can it be?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 14, 2021

I think we need to be very clear on what people are thinking of as a "workspace".

Are we talking about the individual Bitbucket instances (i.e. running on different urls), or the project spaces in a single instance?  If something else, then where exactly are you seeing the word "workspace"?

For me, this is the "workspace" not the project. The reason why I would need it is caused by the fact that Bitbucket doesn't support multilayer projects. If this would be possible it would solve the issue as well. What I would prefer to see is something similar to what gitlab calls the group functionality. There you can also build a kind of directory structure. Reason why we need this is as follows. We perform projects for multiple customers and each of them has several projects. So a 2 layer approach would already be a big help.

Now we try to achieve this functionality by creating a workspace for each customer and add the repos and projects to this workspace. This could be a solution but it seems we'll end up paying far to much for our bitbucket accounts. If we have 10 customer (and therefor 10 workspaces) and we have 5 users that have access to all off them we would pay for 5 users while we are using only 5. This doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

I hope this clarifies the issue.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 14, 2021

I think it helps me, yes, but to be absolutely clear - can you confirm you are using "workspace" to mean "separate bitbucket instance"?

Hello Nic,

I guess this is a separate bitbucket instance even if it is not intended by me that way. The are all managed by a single account but it is created using "Create workspace" and this is how you see it in the URL : 

https://bitbucket.org/<work-space>/<repo>/src/master/

I hope this clarifies it.

Best regards,

Wim

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 14, 2021

Great, thank you.

Yes, these "workspaces" are different systems, so you will need to licence users for each separate one if you want multiple workspaces for them.

Hello Nic,

Thanks. It's not what I hoped for but at least is clear.

Do you happen to know if there is any chance that multilevel (even 2 would do) will be possible in the foreseeable future?

This would allow us to easily group all projects for each customer and create a hierarchy like <customer>\<project><repo> so we would not end up with a huge pile of projects for different customers all on one level. 

We can do this with Gitlab and we would like to be able to do something similar with bitbucket.

Like Deepak likes this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 15, 2021

As far as I know, Atlassian have no intention of creating yet another layer of complexity here.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events