A New user access is unable to access Bitbucket

Sumathi Pundit October 24, 2021

Hi, I had a new user join my team.  He tried to log into Bitbucket and Jira before his email address was approved and is now locked out. I found this in a google search 

The issue usually is that the user was signed up just as or right before their email was created, so the email host sends back a "550 user not found" error to us.

This then puts the email on a block list since the server essentially told us that the user doesn't exist. All it takes is for someone from Atlassian to remove that block, and then you can send a password reset email again.

But am not able to get a response from Atlassian on ETA to remove the block - my ticket is listed as Level 3 and was created on Friday, 5 PM EST.  Any inputs on alternate ways to remove or on SLA for Atlassian to respond.

1 answer

1 vote
Caroline R
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 25, 2021

Hi, @Sumathi Pundit!

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

I checked the internal ticket you opened and was able to confirm the emails that are blocked.

I performed an analysis on our logs and confirmed that the emails had a block on the server that prevented emails from being sent to them. This can occur when the invitation is sent before the email is activated. 

In this case, I have removed the block from these emails. Could you please remove the invitations and send them a new one? You can do this by following the next steps:

In case you have invited them to a specific repository:

• Access the workspace >  Go to the repo they have invited you to;

• Access the Repository Settings > User and group access; 

• Click on the "invitation pending"; 

• Select the “Cancel invitation" option to remove the invitation; 

• Add the email again to send a new invitation. 

In case you have invited them to a group on this workspace:

• Access the workspace > Settings;

• Access User groups > Open the group you have invited them to

• Click on the "invitation pending"; 

Please let me know how it goes and feel free to share any additional questions or concerns regarding this case.

Kind regards,
Caroline

Sumathi Pundit November 11, 2021

Hello Caroline, the above situation has happened again with another new user I tried to add to Bitbucket repository and as a Jira user. There is no reason for this email to be blocked.

I have canceled invitation and resent a couple of times already.  I had earlier added this user with his gmail address and this worked fine so is it possible that the issue is related to my company domain name?  In any case, I urgently need this user to be added and hopefully no future instances when users I added don't receive their invitation emails

Caroline R
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 12, 2021

Hi, @Sumathi Pundit,

I saw that you created a ticket with our support related to the same question, so to avoid any possible misunderstandings or miscommunication that may arise from discussing the same matter on two different platforms, let’s focus on the ticket instead.

Once the ticket is resolved, feel free to share the resolution here to help other community members that may have the same issue. 

Kind regards,
Caroline

Teja Bhaghavathi August 19, 2022

HI All,
 I am jira admin. I have invited one user to the bitbucket group.
The user is receiving the invitation but can not able to access. getting the error " CREATE A USERNAME FOR BITBUCKET CLOUD"

As a admin "The invitation is pending from end". I tried the below steps.

Caroline R
Atlassian Team
September 6, 2022

Hi, Teja! 

Sorry for taking so long to answer your question. Have you resolved this issue? In case you still need help, I would like to ask if you could please create a new question for your problem.  

We generally encourage users to create a new question for their issue instead of posting on someone else's question, because 1) the root cause and resolution may be different for each case 2) a question can become cluttered and difficult to follow if we try to troubleshoot multiple users' issues in it. 

Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions. 

Kind regards,
Caroline

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events