Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

404 After logging in to bitbucket.org

Eric Sierp November 6, 2023

I am a new user and was invited to a workspace.  I accepted the invitation and created an account.  Upon logging in at bitbucket.org I receive a resource not found screen.  Any link I follow, including dashboard, takes me to this same screen.

I am able to get to my bitbucket personal settings by logging in at Atlassian.com and following the BitBucket link under products but I receive the same error if I try to go to any of the titlebar links such as "Your Work", "Repositories", "Projects", etc...

The person who invited me has a free account and is able to access the workspace.

Has anyone seen this issue before and know of a solution?

Thanks in advance!Screenshot 2023-11-06 150947.png

1 answer

1 vote
Patrik S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 7, 2023

Hello @Eric Sierp and welcome to the Community!

The resource not found message is usually shown when you don't have access to the content you are trying to access.

Checking for your email I see you currently have access to one workspace that has no repositories on it. Could you try accessing the workspace using the direct URL below and let us know how it goes? 

Alternatively, you can access the page below, after logging in, to see all the workspaces your account has access to: 

and click on the workspace to see its content. I would also suggest trying to access from a different browser and using Incognito mode, to rule out any possible local cache issue.

Let us know in case you have any questions.

Thank you, @Eric Sierp !

Patrik S

Eric Sierp November 7, 2023

Thank you for the response @Patrik S

Going directly to the workspace shows the resource not found page.  I am able to see the workspace at https://bitbucket.org/account/workspaces/ but when I follow the link to the workspace I receive the resource not found page as well.

404Workspace.jpg

Patrik S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 7, 2023

Hello @Eric Sierp ,

Thanks for executing the tests.

I did some internal refresh in the workspace, could you try again ? 

If you are still facing the error, I see the workspace currently does not have repositories in it. Could you ask the admin of the workspace to create a dummy repository and check if the error persists if you try to access the repo ? 

Thank you, @Eric Sierp !

Patrik S

Eric Sierp November 7, 2023

Thank you @Patrik S .  Same results.  I will ask the owner to create a repo and see if that helps.

Thanks for your help!

jan-hajny-netsmile
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 11, 2023

I'm experiencing the exact same issue right now.

Patrik S
Atlassian Team
December 13, 2023

Hello @jan-hajny-netsmile ,

could you ask the admin of the workspace to grant you access to at least one repository, and you can then try again? 

jan-hajny-netsmile
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 24, 2024

Hello @Patrik S, sorry for the late reply. We eventually solved the issue. I think the admin did what you suggested. Thank you!

Like Patrik S likes this
Patrik S
Atlassian Team
January 25, 2024

Thanks for the confirmation @jan-hajny-netsmile .

Feel free to reach out to community if you ever need help :)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events