"Changes Requested" pull request UI needs work

Sean Lively December 14, 2020

https://bitbucket.org/blog/a-new-status-for-pull-requests-in-bitbucket-cloud-changes-requested

I'm finding the PR UI changes to support this feature to be non-intuitive. Changing the grey background to blue when you click Approve doesn't really convey you've approved the PR, but then the Request changes button goes away, so I guess so?

At least change the button text to "Approved".

Also, I generally Approve PRs and then Merge, and it's annoying that I now have to go dig it out of the ... button menu.

Perhaps if merge conditions are met, display the Merge button?

I'm super happy someone made a new button for us, but don't hide a button that's going to get WAY more use just to make sure we know there's a new button available.

image.png

image.png

1 comment

Brandon Reppert
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 16, 2020

Hi @Sean Lively, thanks for this feedback.

I agree with the button text changing when the buttons are selected. We'll have a change out shortly for "Approve" to become "Approved" when set and likewise for "Request changes" to become "Changes requested".

We're also considering your feedback for merge button placement for PR reviewers in conjunction with some other feedback we've seen. Our general stance is that merging is a primary action for authors while requesting changes is a primary action for reviewers and there is limited permanent real estate in the title bar, but we're aware that there are many cases where reviewers regularly merge pull requests and we're discussing what the right solution for that will be.

Sean Lively December 18, 2020

Brandon, thanks for the quick changes on the button.

Sadly, now I get to gripe about the file list change. The list/treeview toggle is cool, but give us an option to put it back into the Details tab. 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events