Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

"Changes Requested" pull request UI needs work

https://bitbucket.org/blog/a-new-status-for-pull-requests-in-bitbucket-cloud-changes-requested

I'm finding the PR UI changes to support this feature to be non-intuitive. Changing the grey background to blue when you click Approve doesn't really convey you've approved the PR, but then the Request changes button goes away, so I guess so?

At least change the button text to "Approved".

Also, I generally Approve PRs and then Merge, and it's annoying that I now have to go dig it out of the ... button menu.

Perhaps if merge conditions are met, display the Merge button?

I'm super happy someone made a new button for us, but don't hide a button that's going to get WAY more use just to make sure we know there's a new button available.

image.png

image.png

1 comment

Hi @Sean Lively, thanks for this feedback.

I agree with the button text changing when the buttons are selected. We'll have a change out shortly for "Approve" to become "Approved" when set and likewise for "Request changes" to become "Changes requested".

We're also considering your feedback for merge button placement for PR reviewers in conjunction with some other feedback we've seen. Our general stance is that merging is a primary action for authors while requesting changes is a primary action for reviewers and there is limited permanent real estate in the title bar, but we're aware that there are many cases where reviewers regularly merge pull requests and we're discussing what the right solution for that will be.

Brandon, thanks for the quick changes on the button.

Sadly, now I get to gripe about the file list change. The list/treeview toggle is cool, but give us an option to put it back into the Details tab. 

Comment

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Bitbucket

New improvements to user management in Bitbucket Cloud 👥

Hey Community! We’re willing to wager that quite a few of you not only use Bitbucket, but administer it too. Our team is excited to share that we’ll be releasing improvements throughout this month of...

4,415 views 12 15
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you