Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Variables in default pull request descriptions?

Sebastian Penhouet December 4, 2023

In the original announcement of this feature (2019) the question for variables was left unanswered: Save time with default pull request descriptions (atlassian.com)

The docs just mention a single "special variable" {{commit_messages}}Pull request and merge settings | Bitbucket Cloud | Atlassian Support

I would need the PR number as variable.

Others might need the source branch, target branch, etc.

Does this already exist and is just not documented?

1 answer

0 votes
Patrik S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 5, 2023

Hello @Sebastian Penhouet ,

thank you for reaching out to Community!

Currently, the only special variable available to be used in the default description template is the {{commit_messages}} as you correctly stated.

I understand the benefit of having additional variables to reference other parameters of the pull request, so I went ahead and created a new feature request with our development team : 

I encourage you to add your Vote there to help our product managers understand the interest. You can also mark yourself as a watcher to be notified of any future updates on that feature. Feel free to also comment on that feature with your user case, or any other pull request parameter you would like to be accessible through variables. All features are implemented with this policy in mind.

Thank you, @Sebastian Penhouet !

Patrik S

Sebastian Penhouet December 5, 2023

Hi Patrik,

Sad to hear that this isn't and will never be implemented. We are aware that a "feature request" is Atlassian's "rejected".

But thanks for clarifying what is there and what isn't.

Best regards,
Sebastian

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events